Author Topic: Avast does not open and logo in MenuBar not visible  (Read 2808 times)

Offline manymax7

Avast does not open and logo in MenuBar not visible
« on: March 14, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »
Hello,
the problem that I have is that the program itself works, but can not by open from the Application folder with all installed programs. Also the avast logo in MenuBar is not visible. I can not open the program itself in any way! It is not a problem related with dark/light mode. Before it did not have this problem. I have Higt Sierra 10.13 installed and Avast 14.3, maybe it's the last version you have right now.
I do not understand what the problem is and how to fix it. And I repeat again that the program in itself works.
best regards
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:00:25 PM by manymax7 »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Avast does not open and logo in MenuBar not visible
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
hello, to sum up - the issue is that you cannot open it from /Applications and app icon isn't in tray, right?
Q1 : how do you open the app?
Q2 : how you know it's working?
Q3: what version you have?
Q4 : could you send us "support package" via Help >  Avast Technical Support > Generate Support Package ?
Quality is also a feature.

Offline manymax7

Re: Avast does not open and logo in MenuBar not visible
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
Hello,
I have installed the latest version of the Avast app 14.3.1 Already sent you Generate Support Package as you say. I managed to do it immediately after the last update, because only then the Avast program opens. After I restart the computer the program does not open any more  from the /Applications folder and the avast logo in MenuBar is not visible. I know that the Avast app works because it blocks some pages.
best regards
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:18:09 AM by manymax7 »