Author Topic: notepad++ Steam etc shut of clean up touch them.  (Read 4610 times)

Offline AEHageman

notepad++ Steam etc shut of clean up touch them.
« on: March 18, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »
Previous to installing Avast Clean up premium

• when I created a notepad++ file and close the program, notepad++ would open all the opened files whether I had saved them or not.   Now it does not have any open when I open it.  Lost a lot of notes last night because I forgot that this feature stopped working after Avast Clean up was installed
  • Steam now requires something to be installed after every reboot before it will run and It now forgets my username and password.  I would know the something that was required, but my notes for this post were in notepad++ and lost.  See above for more information

There are several other similar issues. I would love to share with you, however if you read above you know my note were erased.  I have been using notepad++ in this manner for YEARS.  Not saving is hard coded into my routine, because notepad++ saved automatically for me.

Any suggestions on where the button is to click to tell Avast to stop touching specific programs?

My very old computer is faster, but I would take slightly slower to have it worked the way I NEED!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: notepad++ Steam etc shut of clean up touch them.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:17:43 PM »
Previous to installing Avast Clean up premium

• when I created a notepad++ file and close the program, notepad++ would open all the opened files whether I had saved them or not.   Now it does not have any open when I open it.  Lost a lot of notes last night because I forgot that this feature stopped working after Avast Clean up was installed
  • Steam now requires something to be installed after every reboot before it will run and It now forgets my username and password.  I would know the something that was required, but my notes for this post were in notepad++ and lost.  See above for more information

There are several other similar issues. I would love to share with you, however if you read above you know my note were erased.  I have been using notepad++ in this manner for YEARS.  Not saving is hard coded into my routine, because notepad++ saved automatically for me.

Any suggestions on where the button is to click to tell Avast to stop touching specific programs?

My very old computer is faster, but I would take slightly slower to have it worked the way I NEED!

Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences.

I am a little bit guessing but I would say that opened files in notepad++ are stored in some kind of temporary file created by notepad++ program.
We typically clean such files during the Maintenance but it does not mean that your files are gone it just deletes the temp file from notepad++ so the next time you open it you have to reopen the files again manually rather than having them opened by default.
If you don't want to clean them you have to locate the temporary file used by notepad++ in the Maintenance results - System Junk screen and unselect them, they won't be cleaned then.

However in order to precisely analyze what happened on your PC, I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

When it comes to the issue with Steam, we've fixed one bug there in the new version which will hopefully come out soon, so please stay tuned and wait for the new version.

Thank you.