Author Topic: Clean up won't install  (Read 3943 times)

Offline lg57106

Clean up won't install
« on: May 07, 2020, 05:54:13 AM »
Trying to install and activate my free trial on a different laptop and it continues to fail. I still have almost a month still left before I renew, but won't if I can't finish out the trial on my new laptop. What could be causing this problem?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Clean up won't install
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:24 AM »
Trying to install and activate my free trial on a different laptop and it continues to fail. I still have almost a month still left before I renew, but won't if I can't finish out the trial on my new laptop. What could be causing this problem?

Hello,

please try to look for the Setup log in c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup Log 2018-08-03 #002.txt, please note that the exact filename will be different based on the date and time of your installation attempt.
Then please share it using an arbitrary free online file share service so we can download and check it.

Thank you.

Offline strshne420

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 02:14:36 AM »
I have a slightly different issue. My Avast Premium Cleanup installed but, now, I cannot open it. Can someone help me please? And, if you reply, say it lik eyou're talking to a smart 3 year old or I will not understand it.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
I have a slightly different issue. My Avast Premium Cleanup installed but, now, I cannot open it. Can someone help me please? And, if you reply, say it lik eyou're talking to a smart 3 year old or I will not understand it.

Hello,

I would gladly help you but in order to be able to do that I would need to better understand what kind of issue do you have.
Could you please be more specific when describing your problem?

I assume that you probably navigated to the Desktop, then double click the Avast Cleanup Premium icon to open it and then I would need to know what exactly happened in your case?
Does it open the window? If so, what do you see there? Would you be able to take a screenshot of it and send it here?
I will wait for your reply and we will take it from there based on the findings.

Thank you.

Offline strshne420

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 10:10:44 PM »
So, when I double click the Cleanup Icon absolutely nothing happens.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »
So, when I double click the Cleanup Icon absolutely nothing happens.

Hi,

ok, well this is going to be a little more complicated but I am sure we can make it together;).

I would like to ask you to collect the logs from your machine and send them over to us, so we can analyze them and figure out where is the problem.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline strshne420

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
Gathering the info right now so you should have it soon.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »

Thank you for providing us with the complete logs, we will analyze them and get back to you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »

Thank you for providing us with the complete logs, we will analyze them and get back to you.

Hello again,

we've analyzed your logs and it seems that someone or something disabled our service on your PC due to which your product does not even open.

I would probably recommend to reinstall the whole product again using the installation package which should resolve this issue.
Please let me know if it works for you.

Thank you and have a nice day.