Author Topic: Mail Scanner off after installing Comodo ...  (Read 14560 times)

stevejrc

Re: Mail Scanner off after installing Comodo ...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »
Have you specified that Zone in all your application rules then? According to the Help, a Zone is used to specify in rules, either Application or Network.

timcan

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 10:06:08 PM »
Have you specified that Zone in all your application rules then? According to the Help, a Zone is used to specify in rules, either Application or Network.
Hi, thanks for the reply.No, this zone is by default when installing cpf.I believe that you would also have to manually edit an app rule to limit it to a zone.

bloodsugarwilksm

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 02:12:24 AM »

Comodo creates "Act as Server" popups even for loopback connections and listening apps. Its network rules block ALL incoming IP connections, so your always stealth even if you have "Act as Server" connections allowed.

If you are using a router, that needs to be setup as a trusted IP in Network rules as Comodo sees that as another PC and blocks it.

Hey stevejrc, thanks for the post.  I just installed Comodo and Avast after reading that Avast is a very high quality antivirus.

Could you elaborate and let me know how exactly to create the loopback access rule to Comodo?  It would be so helpful.  I know ZoneAlarm automatically configures the computer for loopback but I don't know how to do it with Comodo.

Once I configure the loopback, will I get the failed mail protection message anymore from Avast??

Thanks for the help!!   8)

stevejrc

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 10:34:24 PM »
..When Avast trys to access the net, one of the Comodo popups will be something like "do you want to allow 127.0.0.1 TCP out etc etc". Click allow and then Avast is granted loopback. Comodo allows loopback per application, not globally and it will always ask if its needed.

..Zonealarm just allows/trusts loopback globally for anything which isn't very secure.

Originally Avast started before Comodo, so Comodo could not give you this popup. So loopback was not allowed for Avast. So Avast crashed.

To get this popup. Just right click Avast icon, click Stop On Access Protection, wait a few seconds, then restart On Access Protection. Comodo will then popup an alert as Avast starts and/or when your online, just allow anything to do with avast and click remember.

bloodsugarwilksm

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 05:42:55 AM »
 :)  Thanks!  Everything seems to be working fine now, I love Avast and Comodo, they're great products.