Author Topic: SercureLine VPN connection EXTREMEMLY SLOW  (Read 5916 times)

Offline funkykebab

SercureLine VPN connection EXTREMEMLY SLOW
« on: March 22, 2020, 10:33:11 PM »
My standard connection is 350Mbps

When I turn on secureline even with a VERY close location and P2P I get MAX 3Mbps....this is unacceptable for something that costs this amount of money!

What can I do to speed this up!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: SercureLine VPN connection EXTREMEMLY SLOW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:06 AM »
Worldwide, many people are working/learning/communicating from home (Covid-19) right now.
This will most probably lead to much higher server loads than usual and slow down connections.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline funkykebab

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
I am still suffering this issue

As secureline has no settings to change how can I speed this up

this morning I am getting 1.5Mbps instead of 350 without secureline running

i am in London....my proxy is london and if I cannot get this to improve I am cancelling my subscription

I can barely even post on here!...I had to turn Secureline off

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline WK_schnarfl

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:47 AM »
I had the same issue with Avast VPN.  I have tried your VPN twice in the last few years, on two different computers, one with Win 7 & 4GB memory,
the other on Win 10, with 8GB memory.  Each time the speed of everything went down by a huge noticeable percentage, like 90% slower.  Each time the speed reminded me of the 1990's with 56K dial-up.   So, twice I uninstalled and cancelled, and Support could not help.  This is a problem with the Avast VPN, and has nothing to do with the speed of the Internet Provider, and it happens at all times, even when local loads on a network ought to be at a minimum both at the country were one is, and the country one wishes to browse in.   

Surely, around 5pm to 7pm local time, a lot of people come home from work and checks their e-mail, and one can experience a locally observable slowdown.  But, when it's 11pm in the US, and 5am in the UK, then loads have decreased in the US, and have not yet increased in the UK.  BY this logic, the VPN speed ought to speed up, but that's not observed.  That's why I have asked Avast numerous times to re-engineer their VPN, but it seems "they don't want to".

One could imagine a VPN that is able to measure it's own achieved speed, and would provide usable answers as to what the cause may be, or even would reconfigure itself to the best available status.  But that's not what Avast VPN can do. We are all dancing in the dark.