Author Topic: Another Evernote Question/Issue  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Tobi12

Another Evernote Question/Issue
« on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:15 AM »
Hi all,

I've searched around but haven't found anything recent regarding issues with Avast and Evernote playing nicely together.

I have the most up-to-date versions of both Avast (free) and the Evernote app on my Mac.  When I launch Evernote, Avast generally pops up with a "threat secured" message and moves an .exe file to the Virus Chest.  It's always the same file, and it generally happens multiple times per session.  If I use Evernote for ten minutes, I could have 5 to 15 copies of the same file in the Chest.  Per Avast, the file has a Win32:Downloader-UHJ (PUP) infection.

I delete all the files from the Chest, but Avast continues to flag the same file.  Is this another false positive?  Is it an infected file embedded in Evernote?  I will note that this is on a new computer with new installs of everything.

Any info you can share would be helpful.  Thanks.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Another Evernote Question/Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
Hello Tobi12,
Would it be possible to provide a screenshot?
If you think it's a false positive then the easiest way how to report it is from the Virus Chest. There is "..." that open menu on the line of each file in the virus chest. Choose "Send for analyses", and then "False positive". Our operators in ThreatLab will look at it.

Thank you
Lukas.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline Tobi12

Re: Another Evernote Question/Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
I've uploaded a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/7BSdHFj

I also reported the file from the Virus Chest as you suggested.

Thanks.