Author Topic: Version: 20.2 (March 2020)  (Read 36601 times)

Offline LudekS

Version: 20.2 (March 2020)
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »
Hi, new Avast version 20.2 is here
(20.2.2401)

These are the official program release notes:
✓  Password Protection - This new feature automagically secures passwords saved in your browsers. Find it in your Privacy menu (Premium Security only)
✓  New statistics - Check out your security stats by clicking My statistics in the top-right menu
✓  Improved Firewall - We’ve added more fire to the wall for better stability (Premium Security only)
✓  Bug fixes - We've stomped a few pesky bugs to keep things running smoothly
✓  Coronavirus scam protection - Avast continues to protect you against phishing scams, including ever-increasing COVID-19 scams and malware

How to install:

1. Update from your existing Avast version via Settings -> Update -> Update program

2. Or you can download and install from here:

Online installers (recommended):
Free: https://bits.avcdn.net/insttype_FREE
Premium Security (formerly Premier): https://bits.avcdn.net/insttype_APR

Offline installers:
Free: http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup_offline.exe
Premium Security (formerly Premier): http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup_offline.exe

We hope you enjoy the new version!
AVAST Team
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:34:15 PM by LudekS »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: NEW Version: 20.2 (March 2020)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
Thanks for the new release :)

As the version number is same for latest beta, known issue about Windows 8.1 still remains?
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline ckabbeysmom

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »
Hi all!   I did my update this morning to the Avast software...it showed "successfully completed".  Restarted my pc, and now my Avast is showing" Firewall turned off"  When I attempt to turn it on, it pops up with "Firewall not available"....Any suggestions?

Offline vern6

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 06:35:13 PM »
Its worse than that:  The latest version simply shuts off my access to the internet whether I try and 'turn on' the firewall (which is already on as windows firewall in windows 7), or I call for Avast to ignore the issue.  Either way, avast blocks all internet access.  So far I have had to turn off Avast to get on the internet.  LOVELY.  No virus protection. 
I suppose I have to revert to the previous version or something (a long process) or I am without virus protection, is that correct?
While I am here, I am being spammed by your product even more than some viruses do.  I thought the whole point of a an antivirus / anti-malware product was to prevent getting spammed, and hacked by software.  Yours routinely spams me (for upgrades), and now it has 'hacked' my internet access.  Today I am not impressed.

Offline papinianos

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 06:44:10 PM »
Hi all!   I did my update this morning to the Avast software...it showed "successfully completed".  Restarted my pc, and now my Avast is showing" Firewall turned off"  When I attempt to turn it on, it pops up with "Firewall not available"....Any suggestions?

Hi

I had the same problem. Here is the solution.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233112.msg1540828#msg1540828

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233112.msg1540830#msg1540830

Offline Adrian168

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 09:30:02 PM »
New version on my Avast Premium Security 20.2.2401 (build 20.2.5130.561)
I tried to turn on, Avast shows Firewall not available!

My Windows 7 Pro Firewall is activated. I am connected to a Home Network not Public Network.
I guess - Windows Firewall must be deactivated and Avast Firewall can be activated?

Am i protected?  Avast said: YOU ARE UNPROTECTED

I am worried about this error.

RESOLVED. Avast Clear after Safe Boot, Install Avast Premium Security Offline. Same license of course.
I AM PROTECTED NOW.
Best wishes to all!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:32:28 PM by Adrian168 »
Calm down and you will be protected!

Offline fvmb

• Being a teacher implies that we stay learning!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 11:09:04 PM »
Hi,

First of all congratulations to Avast team for the new version  ;)

Unfortunately  :( I have a problem. i can´t see avast ssl certficate in work at any of my browsers, Edge chromium, Google Chrome, Firefox or Avast Secure Browser, all last updated versions (stable versions -non beta), win10Pro updated and everything else running normally.  I tried also to restart several times after installed the new version, i also tried to make a clean unistall for Avast with Avast Clear and also reinstalled Browser and finally also tried to install the certificate manually and not working at all.

Please give some kind of solution for this.

Kind Regards,

Filipe

Offline dwh

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 11:46:25 PM »
I guess I'm protected from this by sticking with the Free version.   :)

Offline Kristian46

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 01:42:52 AM »
after i updated my Avast Premium Security today  , rebooted my pc , then i open my Google chrome browser now it says that my "browser was manage by organization",i tried some methods online , it did by deleting the google folder in regedit policies it did fix my chrome browser but not until i restart the pc and boom it reappears again...., i did some little trial by turn off the avast web shield and it get rid the problem permanently, (but turning web shield on again will make it reappear again) so it will stay the webshield off permanently for now,  but it sucks to browse to the internet naked , pls. fix this bug or whatever it is , i was bothered when this "manage by organization" appears and it worries me so much so i had no choice but to turn off webshield just to get rid this annoying notice in my chrome browser. for now since im "naked" browsing to the web i only visit trusted sites like youtube and facebook. pls. fix this thing soon and give us explanation about this.

Offline David2283

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 11:11:07 AM »
Having had the new update yesterday 01/04/20 I received the Avast software "successfully completed".  Restarted my pc, and then had constant warning of " Firewall turned off"  When I attempt to turn it on, it gives message "Firewall not available". After reading this forum I tried the "Repair" facility but no success. Did a complete uninstall then new load of entire Avast Premium Security from website, now all good again.    Thank you for the forum and it's contributions - I find it a great help when encountering such problems. 

Offline JD20

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
Yeah, thank's a lot for the new version that broke the firewall for a lot of people. The only fix? Complete uninstall and new install...which wiped out all my carefully placed settings and exceptions and wasted 2 hours of my time. Again, thanks.  >:(

Offline Adrian168

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 11:39:43 AM »
@David2283->

I have resolved this issue this way:
1.Safe Boot.
2.Avast Clear.
3.Install Avast Premium Security Offline.
Calm down and you will be protected!

Offline JD20

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »
Btw, I had backed up my settings and the restore option did nothing.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 11:43:10 AM »
You can always save your settings via the Menu:

Edit: Ah. I guess if you completely uninstall, settings go with it. That is not good if people are forced to do clean install after a new version update. Avast need to test more to avoid new version faults. Also look into restore settings shortcoming.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:47:05 AM by rocksteady »

Offline Dirk104

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
Exactly. Avast needs to take care of problems like this much more carefully.

Since yesterday i already had to fix 2 Installations with the cleaning tool on Business Computers, which cost me more than one hour of usually paid time.
Meanwhile E-Mails coming in, Calls etc. You get the idea.

Besides that the Configuration is vanishing into thin air and mainly Problems to reactivate The Suite - THIS IS A TOTAL NO-GO Avast!

Additionally there seems to be no way to get rid of useless Adverts for additional Products inside AVAST anymore.
Why exactly do i have to pay for a Premium Version with Ads?

I guess i will look for Alternatives once My License is running out, i simply can´t afford Programmers not doing their job properly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:00:31 PM by Dirk104 »