Author Topic: Avast Firewall will not enable after upgrading to Avast Premier Security  (Read 11471 times)

Offline peha

The firewall immediatedly turned off after upgrading to Avast Premier Security. WIll refuse tyo turn on even after reboot. Found a description of this in the help after upgrading but this involves total exposure of PC with removal tool, rebooting in secure mode and cleaning cookies in all browsers. This is totally unacceptable and will cost more than the purchase price in time.
Can I get a technical description of why I end up in this mess. And what can you do about it. 

Offline robkellough

This just happened to me as well. Firewall will not turn on after update and multiple re-starts. WTF?

Offline camera_smile

Updated an hour ago, and now no Firewall.........  This is unacceptable for a paid product

Offline Johan136

Same here  no firewall  >:(

Offline JuiceMachine

Same here, cannot turn my firewall back on.  Has anyone been able to contact any human from Avast to get an answer?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
It's been reported.

Offline JuiceMachine

Does anyone know when they'll address the issue and fix it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Repair Avast:
1. Avast GUI -> Settings -> Troubleshooting
2. Click on 'REPAIR APP'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline hectic-mmv

Does anyone know when they'll address the issue and fix it?

We addressed the issue. Solution is under investigation and will be released promptly.

Offline Johan136

Strange, i have two computers, a pc on lan and a laptop on wifi, nothing is wrong on the laptop but the firewall on the pc refuses.

Offline Baron6

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A PAID PRODUCT THE 4 HOURS OF MY TIME SPENT TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT ONLY TO REALIZE ITS A PROBLEM ON YOUR END IS BEYOND INFURIATING AND I NEED A SOLUTION NOW!!!!

Offline Johan136

INFURIATING Thats the word i was also looking for

Offline Johan136

I got this solution from Avast, it works for me, i hope it does for you.

Open Avast Premium Security -> Press Menu in the Top Right -> Settings -> General -> Troubleshooting -> scroll down to Reset all settings and click on Reset to Default and reboot your PC

Offline HK

• Avast team
Hi,

I'm terribly sorry you're having trouble with FW component. Could you please be so kind and provide us support package which will help us with further investigation?
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/33

Once the support package is created and sent, post the File ID here.

Thanks in advance,
HK
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:40:25 PM by HK »

Offline Baron6

it CANNOT GENERATE SUPPORT PACKAGE ERROR #12002