Author Topic: How to stop CleanUp (Premium) starting at PC Start-Up ?  (Read 656 times)

Offline Robert1394

How to stop CleanUp (Premium) starting at PC Start-Up ?
« on: August 09, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »
Please can you tell me how to stop Avast Cleanup starting when the PC/laptop boots;
it really hogs resources.

Also when Cleanup is running it would be nice to be able to control it in the same way as Avast virus scanner can be controlled
(right mouse click on Taskbar icon).

Ideally, it should simply be an app than runs when I want it too and tell it too.

Offline Stellarman

• Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: How to stop CleanUp (Premium) starting at PC Start-Up ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 12:46:20 PM »
Please can you tell me how to stop Avast Cleanup starting when the PC/laptop boots;
it really hogs resources.

Also when Cleanup is running it would be nice to be able to control it in the same way as Avast virus scanner can be controlled
(right mouse click on Taskbar icon).

Ideally, it should simply be an app than runs when I want it too and tell it too.

Hi,

currently it is possible to only control starting of the system tray icon with Windows startup (Settings -> General -> System tray icon).
However we are working on an improvement in this area which will give you more control about the service and UI process and thus you can run the Cleanup only in cases when you want it/need it.

Please bear with us for a couple more week until we will finish it and release this new functionality.

Thank you.

Offline Léaa

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
Hello!
Indeed, I also find that an improvement is necessary on this point, and this since I use Avast.
I'm not like men who know things, but I would settle for what there is. running the Cleanup after starting the PC bothers everyone, but not just me.
If there is anything you can do to control it, that will be great.
Thanks for understanding us and of course I'm happy to know that you are going to do something about this problem.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:11:17 AM by Léaa »
Salutation!
Léa

Offline toshonada

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:22:10 AM »
A month passed and it became clear that the developers in two weeks could not bring up their program as you promised. CleanUp starting with the system increases the boot time of Windows from three minutes up  to 10-12. I had to remove the program - it behaves like the owner of the computer.

When the user has the opportunity to run the program in manual mode, then I will install it again. For now, only regrets.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:30:27 AM by toshonada »