Author Topic: Avast Cleanup deleted files urgent help needed!  (Read 72579 times)

Offline g.w.bosman

Re: Avast Cleanup deleted files urgent help needed!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 12:21:38 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Avast team.

I've tested both the manual method of regedit as well as this provided fix, both worked, but I'm relieved tt be able to send my old parents a link to the fix and not having to guide them to the regedit manualy by phone. I wasn't pleased with the hickup but thanks for the solution.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 12:23:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Avast team.

I've tested both the manual method of regedit as well as this provided fix, both worked, but I'm relieved tt be able to send my old parents a link to the fix and not having to guide them to the regedit manualy by phone. I wasn't pleased with the hickup but thanks for the solution.

Thank you for the reply and for your patience, it was a bit more complicated fix but I am really glad that it worked!

Offline g.w.bosman

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 12:29:10 AM »
ok thanks..  I will wait for the auto update as I dont feel like spending time re-installing my product as I wasted many hours today along with a mild panic attack  :(

When will the auto update come out?

Thank you

You are free to waste your time waiting for the auto-update; I followed the link and after running once I had the target saved everything was fixed within about 60 seconds . Greetz from another customer who is happy once again

Offline kp.services

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 02:58:26 AM »
Hello everyone,

Again we really apologize for this situation, it was caused by a bug in the update we've released yesterday.

We already have a fix which we are verifying right now and we will release it as an update later today.
The update will fix everything so you should be again able to use the programs you previously put to sleep without any limitations.

Please bear with us, we are trying to get it fixed as soon as possible and won't stop until this whole situation will be resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi

Just so we're clear, an apology is hilariously too little too late, and what I don't understand is why TF we were not made aware of this the second that Avast realized its mistake?

I almost blew a job interview and certainly blew two meetings because my flies wouldn't open. I get it, apology, but as others have said, this is 1000% unacceptable.

You've just lost an Avast customer for life. And I'll tell my friends. You're welcome.

Patches don't work sometimes, but the fact that it wasn't stated CLEARLY AND IMMEDIATELY, via email and within the software itself, is absurd. Companies tank because of stuff like this. And as others have said, your captcha images suck too.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 07:31:06 AM »
And as others have said, your captcha images suck too.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline micky725

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 03:59:59 AM »
Thanks I have fixed it after reading some posts about having to uninstall avg tuneup.

So went in to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

double clicked avg turnup and instead of uninstalling it just clicked on repair from the popup
 and clicked restart now and my office 2007 is working.
so if you do the same with Avast cleanup it should do the same as avast & avg are the same company.

Offline _martin_

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
Also premium customer, the software did not really work so i deinstalled it.

After that i was unable to run some software like edge or firefox, even if i reinstalled it.

Hours later i found this thread but the linked cleaning tool does not work and it seems avast does not care what they are selling.

Any suggestions to get the system back to work, i have no more ideas?

Also the "Customer care team" should it be a link? It does not work, nothing happens on click.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:29:47 AM by _martin_ »

Offline Eaton3

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
@kp.services:  Welcome to Windows. :o

I can confirm the fix provided works fine - Windows 10 Pro.

For those that need to help others via phone, but are not eloquent in providing verbal technical instructions, try installing Remote Desktop (Google) to remote into the problem PC.  You can also enable Remote Desktop using the System Properties. Press the Windows Key and Type: advanced system. Click View advanced system settings. Click the Remote tab and select Allow remote connections to this computer. Keep the box checked for Network Level Authentication for better security.

Hope this helps.

Offline Istvan31

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 04:32:05 PM »
Hi All,

Just so that you are aware that this problem hasn't gone away, I have purchased snd ran Cleanup Premium and I cannot open any of my office files, unebelievable stuff.
This thread had the previous post in June which said it's all fixed now, but we're now in late september and nothing's changed.
Abysmal company.