Author Topic: avast wont activate on mac  (Read 4564 times)

Offline yasmine.mel.ison

avast wont activate on mac
« on: April 03, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
I enter my activation code and it says "activation failed"
I'm copying straight from my subscriptions page.

wth is happening?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: avast wont activate on mac
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »
Dear Yasmine, I checked the subscriptions assigned to you email. And it looks like most of them are for Windows platform. If you trying to use the Window's Internet Security code in Mac antivirus then it won't work. Subscription of VPN is multiplatform, that one should work across device on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android however you'll need to open Avast SecureLine VPN application and activate this one.

Please, contact our support if you purchased the Windows products by mistake or if you'd like to change them into multiplatform products. https://support.avast.com
Quality is also a feature.

Offline yasmine.mel.ison

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 04:06:21 PM »
so I need to purchase a separate mac premium subscription?
I'm not worries about the VPN it's the antivirus protection I'm speaking of.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:09:23 PM by yasmine.mel.ison »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 10:28:46 AM »
it really depends on what subscriptions you buy. There is a variety of options. Based on platform, product. There are multiplatform, multidevice subscriptions as well. All-you-can-eat bundles, or separate products. It really depends on customer preferences...

As said before - our support should be able to help you to enhance your current single platform (Windows) subscription of Premium Security to Multi-platform (Win+Mac) Premium Security.
Quality is also a feature.