Author Topic: Cannot install AVAST after deinstallation of Norton on my MacBook  (Read 3118 times)

Offline maciej.rydlewicz

Hi,
Would you please help me to clean MacBook to install Avast Security?
I installed Norton 360, but then I had to reinstall system from backup due to some problems I even do not want to describe (black screen during startup, and no wake-up). How come now Avast says that there are some elements of Norton on my computer? There may be some files/settings from history when I tried to install Norton a year or two ago. But after this attempt I was able to install Avast which was working for me very well for a long time.
Perhaps you could supply the checklist that is verified before Avast is installed? There must exist some 'checklist'. I applied all possible uninstall tools from Norton and the last one says that there is NO any Norton application on my machine, but Avast has a different opinion :-).
Thank you in advance,
Maciej

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Cannot install AVAST after deinstallation of Norton on my MacBook
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
Hello,
please check your private messages
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline Ronald197

Re: Cannot install AVAST after deinstallation of Norton on my MacBook
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
Hi. I have a nearly similar problem. Today I uninstalled TotalAV and then downloaded Avast free for mac. The download has completed and the Avast app is in my applications folder, but it will not open. There is also no icon showing in the menu bar.  I do not see any messages saying some parts of TotalAV are still on my machine. I am receiving no messages from Avast app at all.  It just will not open.   I am running High Sierra 10.13.5 .

UPDATE.  I DELETED THE FIRST AVAST DOWNLOAD AND REPEATED THE PROCESS.  IT IS WORKING NOW :) .   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:44:18 AM by Ronald197 »