Author Topic: Round Ball in System Tray  (Read 2930 times)

keithhk

Round Ball in System Tray
« on: October 11, 2006, 12:00:37 AM »
Hi,  I have downloaded the Avast Home edition and where you are suppose to have the round balls in the system tray I do not have them and want to know how do you get them there so you know that you are being protected? Thanks  Keith

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Round Ball in System Tray
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:18:43 AM »
Firstly you are in the wrong forum, this is for the Server version of avast! Hopefully one of the Moderators will move it to the correct avast! 4 Home/Pro forum.

Yes there are two round icons, an ' i ' and an ' a ' icon (when you eventually get them back) you can merge the two, right click the ' i ' and select 'Merge with main avast! icon.'

avast! icon missing - Check the option in the Appearance tab of Program Settings.

What other security based software do you have that might block new startup entries, e.g. Spybot S&D (TeaTimer), AdAware (AdWatch), SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor (StartUpGuard), PrevX, WinPatrol, ProcessGuard, etc. ?

As a temporary measure you can create a desktop shortcut for this file C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe (the avast icon and interface to the providers).  Right click on the file and select Send To, Desktop (create shortcut).

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security