Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Versions 8 and lower no longer supported
(1/13) > >>
MartinZ:
Hi all,
we would like to announce that Avast versions 8.x and lower aren't supported anymore and we do not update virus definitions on them. We highly recommend to update to newer version as soon as possible.

Here is a guide how to update: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Update-Antivirus

Or you can simply download and install the latest version here: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_FREE/platform_WIN/installertype_ONLINE/build_RELEASE/

Thank you!
Jeffrey139:
And you thought the best time to announce this was now? One week after you stopped providing updates. In the midst of a public health crisis.

And you though this the best way to announce it? You could not be bothered to send email notifications to the affected subscribers, but instead chose to bury it in a forum post.

Please post directions on refunding the unused portion of our subscriptions.

=SKY=:
Most pitiful !!!

That’s Avast !!!

Bye Bye on all my devices!!!
Jeffrey139:
and here's the response from Avast regarding refunding the unusable portion of the subscription:

We are not able to submit refund requests if it is outside 30 days of purchase due to the Avast refund policy. Let me know if you need anything else.

That's the whole response.

Avast has behaved disgracefully. Martin, are you there? Anything you want to add?
RejZoR:
I don't understand the logic of people. They wan to rely on something for protection, but for some reason run some years old version. It just makes absolutely no sense. And then they are outraged because the vendor phases it out. Sure, communication whatever it was, but YOU'RE RUNNING AN ANCIENT VERSION OF ANTIVIRUS for god sake. It's not like they charge you more for using newer version. The price is the same. And while I understand how people like interface of some version but no the other, but I don't understand that logic with antiviruses whose primary job is protection. And you're not getting the best protection with a version that's several years old now.

If you ask me, phasing out of consumer products should be much faster and strictly defined. Every version should get 3 years of support and then you'll have to upgrade to latest one. It's how you can evolve a product that needs constant evolving. Enterprise versions excluded because things move slower there as whole.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version