Author Topic: Disabling Avast  (Read 3257 times)

Dr Fager

Disabling Avast
« on: December 21, 2003, 04:34:22 PM »
How can you disable avast so that it only runs when i want it to? Right now it fires up when i boot up, and for some reason it slows down my pc until i manually diasable it in my toolbar.

The only thing id like to use it for is weekly scans which i want to do manually.

Thanks in advance

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Disabling Avast
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 06:02:48 PM »
You seem to have another antivirus active (resident) in your machine, don't you? Which one? Maybe you will have trouble with more than one residente av.

If you just want to scan you system weekly based, desinstall all providers except the Standard Shield (Control Panel > avast! antivirus > Add/Remove > Change (choose providers).

After this, right click the icon and choose the On-line protection and disable the Standard Shield. When the program asks you about 'persisting' the option, answer 'YES'.

Anyway, I do not suggest any of these procedures. How much RAM do you have? Which is your OS? Disabling the av application is not wellcoming...  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline ramsi51

Re: Disabling Avast
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »
How do I temporarily disable Avast on my Mac? I've opened the Avast app and the shields tab, but can't find any "disable" button.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Disabling Avast
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
How do I temporarily disable Avast on my Mac? I've opened the Avast app and the shields tab, but can't find any "disable" button.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0