Author Topic: Firewall does not save application rules.  (Read 1144 times)

Offline knopkalista

Firewall does not save application rules.
« on: April 09, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »
Previously, the firewall worked correctly and without problems.
After updating the program, the firewall stopped saving the rules for applications. Working with a computer has become a nightmare.

Every few minutes, a firewall message pops up asking you to specify what to do with the fact that any application is crawling on the Internet. I select the "Allow" button and check the box "Remember my choice."

But it does not persist !!!! After a few minutes, the same message pops up, with the same application. And so constantly.
Now I do not work with a computer. Working with avast takes more time than with any other applications.

Moreover. Even if you close the application that was surfing the Internet, the message from the avast continues to pop up again and again with a suggestion to choose what to do with this application.

I even went into the list of rules for all applications and manually turned on full Internet access for the application. It does not help. Anyway, a dialogue with a question pops up and pops up.
In addition, the search does not work in the list with rules for applications. I enter the name of the application, but the list is not filtered! And besides, it slows down very much. After entering the first letter, 30 seconds may elapse before the list unfreeze.

Can I somehow return the application to the previous version? I have been pleased with the antivirus and firewall to this day. But now I'm just tired of him. I just want to delete it. Or how to fix it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline knopkalista

Re: Firewall does not save application rules.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:50:40 AM »
Good. I will watch that branch.
But. I also ask you to pay attention to the fact that filtering does not work in the list of rules. At the same time, the list itself is very slow when filtering (although it does not filter anything!)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Firewall does not save application rules.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »
You could try the latest beta: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0