Author Topic: My credit card was charged despite cancellation of autorenewal.  (Read 2798 times)

Offline rpts24

I have cancelled my both subscriptions (Internet Security and Cleanup) on March 20th. I got email confirmations that subscriptions were cancelled. Despite that, today my crediit card has been charged for Internet Security renewal.

I wonder how is this possible that Avast keep my credit card details - even if this data is not visible in my profile. Even if I remove my account - how can I be sure that my credit card data will not stay somewhere?

The company who wants to sell secutity solutions must be trustful - and cannot behave like this.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: My credit card was charged despite cancellation of autorenewal.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:01:08 AM »
Hi,

According to our system, your Avast Internet Security (Avast Premium security) subscription was suspended Mar/23/2020 12:11:15(UTC).
There was no renewal after this date.
Furthermore, our system indicates that Avast Cleanup Premium was renewed Mar/30/2020 08:35:18 (UTC)
and the subscription was suspended Mar/30/2020 18:12:51(UTC)
I hope this brings clarity to the issue.

For refunds, cancellations, billing, payment, or license issues, kindly use this link to create a support ticket:https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales

Offline Francis139

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 03:57:30 AM »
PLEASE REFUND AND CANCEL Auto renew

My mom got charged by DRI*AVAST
Please cancel auto subscription and REFUND

we did not receive a confirmation email.
the information we only received is

POS W/D SV DRI*AVAST avas.com/o ATP dlE 009414374910

Offline v.baratta88

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
Avast is scanning for CC info and auto paying themselves, scumbag company supposed to protect our machines instead uses them for their own game. Same shit happened to me.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »
Avast is scanning for CC info and auto paying themselves, scumbag company supposed to protect our machines instead uses them for their own game. Same shit happened to me.

See my reply to your own topic.
Essentially if you have a standing order style payment on a CC, the Bank supplying it honours that payment against the new CC number.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Dan392

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
I cancelled Avast pro and uninstalled the android mobile app but am still being charged by auto renewal. Since I do not have a product id number I cannot contact customer support .

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:34:35 PM »
I cancelled Avast pro and uninstalled the android mobile app but am still being charged by auto renewal. Since I do not have a product id number I cannot contact customer support .

I'm not really sure to what your post relates  ?
Avast Pro hasn't been sold for some time as Avast have been trying to migrate (free) users to Avast Premium Security.

Your comment "I cancelled Avast pro and uninstalled the android mobile app" are you talking only about Avast Mobile Security ?
If so this should go in the Avast Mobile Security for Android sub-forum.  But I though this product was handled through the Google Play store (could be wrong about that).

Also your comment "but am still being charged by auto renewal" is this for Avast Pro for Windows ?
If so you should be able to use the - Refund request - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund, enter 00000000 for the ID code.  That should let you through to be able to complete all of the other details and explain the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
PLEASE REFUND AND CANCEL Auto renew

My mom got charged by DRI*AVAST
Please cancel auto subscription and REFUND

we did not receive a confirmation email.
the information we only received is

POS W/D SV DRI*AVAST avas.com/o ATP dlE 009414374910

Hi,

Please PM me the full name (associated with the order).