Author Topic: Bug Report: Mac freezes on Avast Security 14.4 in combination with File Stream  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Janosch

I am using Avast Security for Mac in Version 14.4 (bdcdca4efbc2) on macOS Catalina (10.15.4). Since the update to this version (14.4), the mac freezes and becomes unusable when Google Drive File Stream (Version: 38.0.15.0) is active. This has not been an issue with earlier versions of Avast Security. It just happened after the update today.

When File Stream is closed or when I add /Volumes/GoogleDrive to the exceptions for FileShield, the problem disappears and the mac is running normal again. As the File Shield is the primary protection and files from Google Drive are important to be scanned, I think that this is a serious bug.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Best regards
Janosch

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Hello,

Thank for reporting this; we have found the cause of the issue and fixed it. It will get updated automatically, or if you do not want to wait or are experiencing issues, please run the Avast GUI and from Menu select [Avast Security] -> [Check for updates]. If work with the computer is problematic, please disable File Shield before checking for the update and enable it afterwards.

We apologise for the issue.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:04:16 PM by ondrej.kolacek »

Offline Janosch

Hi Ondrej,

thanks for the fast bugfix. I will just test it and let you know about the result.

Best regards
Janosch