Author Topic: Avast 14.3 Auto-updates and Notifications forced now?  (Read 2238 times)

Offline chrispr

Avast 14.3 Auto-updates and Notifications forced now?
« on: April 25, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »
I seem to have Avast 14.3 now. I disabled automatic updates because I tether from my mobile, whose data is expensive and limited. Auto-updates are still disabled, but it has updated itself anyway, and checks every few minutes. This means my phone runs out of credit without any forewarning and I can't stop it.

14.3 seems to also have removed the silent mode, and is nagging me to delete cache, trash and temp files (like some cheesy 2016 Android 'battery booster' app).

Are these deliberate, permanent decisions Avast? For the moment I have uninstalled Avast so that I can be sure to have credit on my phone, hoping this decision is reversed.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Avast 14.3 Auto-updates and Notifications forced now?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:55:57 PM »
Hello chrispr,
The "automatic updates" influences only program updates. We removed the option to turn off virus definitions in version 14.0 in July 2019. Let me get back to you with a solution for a mobile connection once we discuss it.

What exactly do you mean by "silent mode" there was no such option in past. The mention promotion of our Cleanup product shouldn't appear more than once a month. Premium customers can disable these offers in Preferences > Privacy.
Quality is also a feature.