Author Topic: Avast Secureline VPN Unusably slow  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Patrick649

Avast Secureline VPN Unusably slow
« on: April 28, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
I purchased secureline VPN about a week ago and have seen my internet service tank since then. very slow site acquisition and refresh. I am being blocked from various commercial sites, being identified as a BOT or a threat. Cannot support webinars or Youtube playbacks with any consistency. Getting constant warnings from Avast Secure Browser slow internet speed, check your connection. In short this VPN is unusable.

Version is 5.5.522
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:19:23 PM by Patrick649 »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast Secureline VPN Unusably slow
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:03:51 AM »
I think that users in general including myself are finding the general internet response less these days.
Keep in mind that millions of folks are now working from home or simply staying home due to Covid 19 and this could be a factor in the strain on the Internet structure and capacity.

Offline Patrick649

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
I turn it off and everything works normally. In investigating this, I have noticed that quite a number of others have similar results and this is not a new issue. Since this is a moderated forum, I was expecting some sort of response from avast on this.

Offline Jerry8

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 09:24:20 PM »
 >:(

I too, purchased Bus AV Pro Plus.  comes with VPN,  I have Cox gigablast, normal DL/UL are 400-600mb DL and 30mb UL

Turn on VPN. Connected to DALLAS..   WOW.  70mb DL with 20mb UL.   Threre are definitely major issues with this service..   I would not of minded a little of degradation of up to 10% for overhead and encryption. But to loose 80-90%, not acceptable..   I used several test sites.. even ones in Dallas, Dallas VPN Server to Dallas speed Test (testmy.net) should at be almost same (given overhead) as NO VPN.. but to no avail.  Also I seen in reviews that this VPN is blocked by Netflix..  ummm.. 

At least it is separate install, so I was able to remove completely.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 01:24:53 AM »
I have been using Secureline for years and I  can only speak from my experience with Secureline VPN.
I have not noticed any 'significant' difference in speed or connections when using this VPN.
I view football and baseball games that are blacked out in my area via several different servers in the USA, as well as Asia (Republic of Singapore, Taiwan, and others) and have not had any issues receiving steady streaming, or disconnections issues.

I also use HotSpot Elite on one of my systems and can find no real difference between that VPN and Secureline.
Both VPN's provide the security and useability I expect from a VPN.

Just saying. :)

Offline dancarr56

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »
I am having the same problem with the Avast VPN....slows down the computer to a crawl. I would like a refund but having trouble actually figuring out how to get one. No phone number to contact someone and I can't find the order number in the email like they told me. Very, very frustrating but that seems to be the norm today. Charge people for things and make it hard to contact them or get a refund. Customer service is going to the pits.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 06:43:00 AM »
-> https://support.avast.com/article/24/ (Orders/Subscriptions/Refunds)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Manfred103

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »
Ich habe dieses Programm vor 1 Woche installiert und hatte nach der Installation so gut wie keine Verbindung mehr mit dem Internet.
Ich habe auch keine Meldung Seitens des VPN erhalten.
Nachdem ich den VPN abgeschaltet habe war meine Verbindung wieder ganz normal.
Ich habe darauf hin den VPN deinstalliert.
Vielleicht bemüht sich mal der Anbieter , nachdem es doch einige Leute gibt die das gleiche Problem haben , das man das Programm überprüft woran es liegen könnte das die Verbindung langsamer oder, wie bei mir, gar nicht mehr richtig funktioniert.
Vielen Dank

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 05:41:42 AM »
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> Non-English Zone: https://forum.avast.com/index.php#c7
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0