Author Topic: Pls help! Wi-Fi conflicting with Avast? Virus?  (Read 3200 times)

zanin.m

Pls help! Wi-Fi conflicting with Avast? Virus?
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »
Hi all,
yesterday after surfing the web i realized that Avast 4 who was running normally at the beginning of the session was now turned off with a red circle on that.
I couldn't restart it so i restarted the whole system.
Now every time i restart the computer avast icon just appears with a red circle in it. Also, if i tried to click 'Launch Avast protection' but i got a message that the program couldn't run.
At the same time, i also realized my wi fi connection didn't work anymore. When i go to the list of wireless networks available, it tells me that windows cannot configure it because another software is managing the connections. When I try, as suggested, to run Zero Configuration service it just doesn't allow me to do it, giving me Error 1068.
I tried to reinstall Avast, but even if i reinstall it, then when i try to run it looks like the software is not there or i get an error.
Finally, I run Avast virus cleaner but it tells me that everything is ok...
My guess is some virus conflicted with avast and is now impeding my internet connection...
Can someone help me or suggest me what to do?
Thanks!

Matthew

zanin.m

Re: Pls help! Wi-Fi conflicting with Avast? Virus?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »
 :( no one can help?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Pls help! Wi-Fi conflicting with Avast? Virus?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
yesterday after surfing the web i realized that Avast 4 who was running normally at the beginning of the session was now turned off with a red circle on that.
I couldn't restart it so i restarted the whole system.
Is there any other antivirus or security program in your computer?

Now every time i restart the computer avast icon just appears with a red circle in it.
Which is your Windows? 98, Me, XP?

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair). You must be connected to the internet while repairing.
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?

Finally, I run Avast virus cleaner but it tells me that everything is ok...
This tool is very limited, to clean some kind of infections. Only running avast (thorough) it will be possible to say a little more about the infection.
Can you schedule a boot-time scanning, just executing:

C:\Program Files\ALWIL Software\Avast4\sched.exe /A:*

if you've installed avast at the default path...
The best things in life are free.