Author Topic: Avast Premium ver. 20.2.2401 bug...  (Read 1214 times)

Offline mxbaran707

• Digital Abacus Fanatic
Avast Premium ver. 20.2.2401 bug...
« on: April 29, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
Hi. I am on an Asus vivo w/win10/64, and ever since Avast started showing up in the Avast firewall, I have had problems keeping my system safe. In the firewall, In the Avast Software subsection I have set to block all communications for three of the items: a) Avast Cleanup Service; b) Avast SecureLine VPN Service; c) Avast SecureLine VPN Update.

I have had to troubleshoot using tried and true common sense. I was continually finding , in the Microsoft Corporation subsection, the System being set to full open, or 'Allow All Connections. I had this set to 'Block All Connections. I do this routinely to any listed element in the firewall that is not certificate protected. The Avast product has always given me a heads up when it changes something. Not now. Now Avast overrides my settings. So, I fiddled and chose. The settings I have now have prevented the firewall settings from overriding my settings. I am doing a system test, and will sign off, log out, restart, and see what happens.

Okay, I have restarted my system, and am here again. Well, Avast Cleanup Premium just wanted to do a scan, so I allowed it. It fixed some errors, and is asking me to restart. So, I will. Signing off.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:25:40 PM by mxbaran707 »
Asus VivoBook Maxx / Windows 10 Home 21H2/
AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G      2.60 GHz/ 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)/
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
BK...😎

Offline mxbaran707

• Digital Abacus Fanatic
Re: Avast Premium ver. 20.2.2401 bug...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 11:26:42 PM »
My reply will be in next post. Restarting.
AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G      2.60 GHz/ 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)/
BK...😎

Offline mxbaran707

• Digital Abacus Fanatic
Re: Avast Premium ver. 20.2.2401 bug...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:11:10 AM »
Okay, here goes. After my tweaking the system, and Avast coming back at me with it's own suggestions, and Avast cleanup Premium doing a system scan, with fixes, here is the state of my firewall: In sub heading 'Microsoft Corporation' System was reset to the middle setting (Internet Out) with toggle 'Auto-Decide' set. I changed the toggle to 'Block' for any other communications. All of the other Non-Certificate protected choices in this sub-heading remained  unchanged at 'Block All Communications'. I can live with this, if Avast can protect my system with the system setting the way it is. There seems to be some AI built in here. It learns, and I learn.

In the 'Avast Software' sub-heading, the firewall seems to have settled upon: a) Avast Cleanup Service set at 'Block All Communications; b) Avast SecureLine VPN Update set at 'Block All Communications'; Avast Overseer set at 'Internet Out' and toggled to block all other communications; d) and all other selections in the 'Avast Software' sub-heading at 'Internet Out', with toggle at 'Auto-Decide'.

Okay, I can live with this. What was rubbing me the wrong way was the firewall setting 'System' to 5 bars 'All Connections'. It was kind of like Avast Firewall pinging out into the ether: "Come on in folks, the water is real nice here!!!". I hope you get my drift. I have always let Avast's products do the settings, with a small amount of oversight on my part. I do not think I can be so trusting anymore. Anyway, if one of you 'UberEvangelists' can forward this to your development folks, I would appreciate it. Still am a great Avast enthusiast here.

Respectfully,
B. Anthony A. K.

PS: If things go south again, I'll be back.
BK...😎