Author Topic: Privacy concerns  (Read 730 times)

Offline RBLX_EXE

Privacy concerns
« on: May 01, 2020, 05:20:55 AM »
Greetings. I was wondering exactly what data Real site/Firewall/internet based shields log. Do they log the websites you go to? What do they do with that data? I'd appreciate some response, or a point in the direction. In their privacy policy they said they log IP addresses you connect to, which is scary.

Offline Nodar

Re: Privacy concerns
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:25:21 AM »
I was thinking to ask the same question you asked -Really important- but for web shield but good that you added Firewall and real site too with the web shield.
and thank you for saying "In their privacy policy they said they log IP addresses you connect to," I didn't know that before.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:52:42 AM by Nodar »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Privacy concerns
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »
You can control privacy settings under Privacy menu in main settings. In general they log security related things that help them fight malware and phishing, but there are also settings that control sharing of data with 3rd party analytics and other 3rd parties. I personally prefer to keep those off as I don't want to share anything with anyone other than avast! team. I'm here to help improve the product and its protection (via avast!'s CommunityIQ), not be the product for some 3rd parties I don't give a flying F about.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog