Author Topic: Avast (Home) scans Outlook messages everytime they are selected  (Read 2196 times)

gr3gw

Avast (Home) scans Outlook messages everytime they are selected
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:33:53 AM »
I'm using Office Outlook 2003.

When I select a number of messages in an Outlook folder, Avast appears to scan all the selected messages. This is unnecessary as the messages were scanned when they first arrived. I first noticed this when I did a Select All on my INBOX folder. I see it everyday when I delete all the messages caught in the Junk E-Mail folder. On closer investigation, I found out that Avast is scanning a message whenever it is selected.

I can see the logic. If Avast was not turned on when the messages arrived then they will be scanned before they are opened.

In the case of the Junk E-mail box, I'm only going to delete the files. However, there are other instances where a message or a group of messages will be selected: for example, before being moved to another folder.

Is it possible to turn off individual message scanning?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Avast (Home) scans Outlook messages everytime they are selected
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »
In the Outlook/Exchange provider:

Click on Customize.  In the Scanner tab uncheck the "Scan archived messages on open" box.

That should take care of your request.

gr3gw

Re: Avast (Home) scans Outlook messages everytime they are selected
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:35:12 AM »
That fixed it. Thank you AlanRF.

I looked and looked but I couldn't see a relevant option and then with your directions I found it straightaway. Many thanks.