Author Topic: Avast Firewall keeps asking to allow Google Chrome  (Read 5437 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Firewall keeps asking to allow Google Chrome
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
I think avast is not yet ready with its new firewall architecture.
Me too, it doesn't want to retain some rules when it is configured on "ask" (adobe acrobat , avast secure browser , avast browser update,...).
This had been solved on version 20.2 by an emergency update, but since the upgrade to version 20.3, the problem has come back as well if you allow or deny some applications (it also happened once with thunderbird)...I think there are still some failures in the build of the firewall.
A repair has no effect.
Of course it may be possible to solve the problem with a clean re-install or by sending a support file but I'm a bit tired of paying for a product that takes so much effort to be usable in full reliability  and openness. :-\

edit :2 new times for thunderbird.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:41:03 PM by chris.. »

Offline jeremypoppleton

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
This is happening constantly with me too. I just renewed my subscription; all up to date. Windows 10 pro.
Chrome is constantly asking for access to the point i am swearing lots !

If this is not sorted i want a refund so i can ditch this poor excuse of a firewall

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 08:17:07 PM »
You are right , the "asks" had calmed down after the emergency update of version 20.3, but these incessant requests came back with version 20.4 (for me) :(
I was forced to reschedule on "auto decision."