Author Topic: problem with avast driver update  (Read 3449 times)

Offline sandy55

problem with avast driver update
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:56:36 AM »
I put the free version of avast driver update on my computer along with what will be a paid version .. after a time since they took my info...

While using it I got a message that one of the drivers the program was trying to load was older than the version I had... that creeped me out ..it doesn't take much... I think I was successful in restarting my computer to a time previous to the adding driver updater.  I can't be sure but think it worked..

wondering if I am going to be charged for the updater ... there must be a problem with it or it would not be trying to add older drivers than I already have this is by no means a new computer.

ideas?
win 8.1 (64) avast version 18.5.2342(build) 18.5.3931.0 apparently this is Premier version according to an internet search on that version number above.. tho it does not state this in about or any other place on my computer...

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: problem with avast driver update
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
I put the free version of avast driver update on my computer along with what will be a paid version .. after a time since they took my info...

While using it I got a message that one of the drivers the program was trying to load was older than the version I had... that creeped me out ..it doesn't take much... I think I was successful in restarting my computer to a time previous to the adding driver updater.  I can't be sure but think it worked..

wondering if I am going to be charged for the updater ... there must be a problem with it or it would not be trying to add older drivers than I already have this is by no means a new computer.

ideas?

Hi, You subscribed to a 30 day trial version of Avast Driver Updater which will auto-renew 31 May 2020.
The issue you described sounds similar to this one "when there is no standard versioning applied from most of the manufacturers" for the driver in question: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=219055.0

Offline sandy55

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 05:27:28 AM »
I thought it was going to cause me trouble so I took it off my computer and went back a time before I bought it to start again without it... I don't need trouble.  Not sure which drivers I need to update and I am easily scared I don't use the computer much but when I want to use it I want it to be trouble free.

Not sure what will happen with the paying for it I will have to think it over maybe get more advice about it
before I decide
win 8.1 (64) avast version 18.5.2342(build) 18.5.3931.0 apparently this is Premier version according to an internet search on that version number above.. tho it does not state this in about or any other place on my computer...

Offline sandy55

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 05:37:49 AM »
thank you for finding this for me and sending me here

Offline sandy55

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »
since i have taken driver up dater off my computer as in uninstalled it  ... how do I put it back
I looked for an email with the order confirmation so I know the price... using a pay as you go card so need to put the money there by the due date... I don't see a price?  how much?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
since i have taken driver up dater off my computer as in uninstalled it  ... how do I put it back
I looked for an email with the order confirmation so I know the price... using a pay as you go card so need to put the money there by the due date... I don't see a price?  how much?

Hi,

We have re-send the order confirmation email. It contains installation and price details.

Offline sandy55

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:40:53 AM »
I did get the email could not get this to work.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »
Hi,

Do you have an issue with installation or subscription?
Could you provide more details, please?

Offline sandy55

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:07 AM »
Hello again I did get updater to function. 
I did one update sorry I can't recall what it was.  While it was updating ect it took some time and I began to feel quite ill.  I have multiple chemical sensitivity and although many people think EMF is hooy I have had trouble in the past with some tablets ect.  They make me ill I cannot use them... Now there is some discussion that what is causing this illness are actual chemicals used to make the components of the computer that off gas more when they heat up or the fan is on ect .. but it could be EMF.  I am more of the mind this last reaction ... is along the chemical lines because I have had no trouble with this computer till now.  Mind you I never over work it and am told this computer can handle much more then I demand of it.  Email and recipe searches mostly...
but once I mess with it making it do something like this .. it makes me sick.

I am sure you have heard all sorts of stories on here maybe this one too... I can't be sure. 

Do you have any ideas about this  do you think it is the heating of the components would changing things on the computer cause this... heat or the fan to blow out off gassing chemicals...
any advice on which if any things I should not update... do certain upgrades cause more heat or more whatever then the old ones...

No matter how nuts it sounds updating makes me sick 

For some reason even after leaving the computer for a day I don't feel well using it and if my other experience of off gassing chemicals is any indication it can take a very long time for this off gassing to end.

Any ideas at all...
yes I know this outside the realm of your expertise but perhaps because you do this a lot you have heard of something... I am open to ideas.
Thanks

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »
Hello again I did get updater to function. 
I did one update sorry I can't recall what it was.  While it was updating ect it took some time and I began to feel quite ill.  I have multiple chemical sensitivity and although many people think EMF is hooy I have had trouble in the past with some tablets ect.  They make me ill I cannot use them... Now there is some discussion that what is causing this illness are actual chemicals used to make the components of the computer that off gas more when they heat up or the fan is on ect .. but it could be EMF.  I am more of the mind this last reaction ... is along the chemical lines because I have had no trouble with this computer till now.  Mind you I never over work it and am told this computer can handle much more then I demand of it.  Email and recipe searches mostly...
but once I mess with it making it do something like this .. it makes me sick.

I am sure you have heard all sorts of stories on here maybe this one too... I can't be sure. 

Do you have any ideas about this  do you think it is the heating of the components would changing things on the computer cause this... heat or the fan to blow out off gassing chemicals...
any advice on which if any things I should not update... do certain upgrades cause more heat or more whatever then the old ones...

No matter how nuts it sounds updating makes me sick 

For some reason even after leaving the computer for a day I don't feel well using it and if my other experience of off gassing chemicals is any indication it can take a very long time for this off gassing to end.

Any ideas at all...
yes I know this outside the realm of your expertise but perhaps because you do this a lot you have heard of something... I am open to ideas.
Thanks

Hi,

There is something called Computer vision syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision_syndrome

Offline sandy55

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 07:03:46 PM »
Actually there is information and suggestions to help the issue I just can't go off wifi as I am a poor person and am lucky to have any internet ... not my house I don't control the type of system we use...
many other suggestions all require loot.
https://emfacademy.com/reduce-computer-radiation-exposure/

except don't use the computer and stay away from places that do...

and this one why countries are banning wifi in schools
https://www.emfhome.com/news/wifi-health-school

I know this is my issue not trying to choke other with it however if you want to know you can read if not you can not read.  I think it has this issue this time has something to do with the computer components or maybe the glue sodder that hold it together when it heats up it smells and makes me ill but it is not jsut that...

I don't know what elsse it is... for people who are chemically sensitive we are much more likely to have this issue... that much I know not enough research is being one if you are a person who has it ..once I am over loaded I can stay ill for a wk or a month... during which I need to limit access to computers and will be more reactive to chemicals too... so stay home even more and always wear a special mask.

thanks for the ideas ....

if you want to read more including 5G... there is a professor here who studies it... you can see it here
https://magdahavas.com/

if I was in the computer/wifi industery I would want to know.

Offline sandy55

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »
I need to find out which updates are really imperative and which are not and just update real important ones ...get far away from the computer and don't use it for awhile... till I recover .. do this with each update.
only idea I have right now...
what are the most important updates?