Author Topic: ?? Scanning Folders & Quick Scanner  (Read 8015 times)

jakr8

?? Scanning Folders & Quick Scanner
« on: April 12, 2003, 03:27:24 PM »
I'm using free version Avast4/windows98.
When selecting a individual subfolder to scan Avast wants to scan the whole drive, It automatically ticks the drive box ! How do I avoid this.

Also the quick scanner only works on files on my desktop otherwise it gives an error that it couldnt find the file path. If thats all you get with the free version I'm not complaining just a little letdown after Avast32 :-}

Thanks

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:?? Scanning Folders & Quick Scanner
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 10:24:34 PM »
When selecting a individual subfolder to scan Avast wants to scan the whole drive, It automatically ticks the drive box ! How do I avoid this.

Are you sure? The tick is grey, right? That means that only a subfolder was selected... I'm quite sure it's working as expected...

Also the quick scanner only works on files on my desktop otherwise it gives an error that it couldnt find the file path. If thats all you get with the free version I'm not complaining just a little letdown after Avast32 :-}

Hmm, really...? What language version of Windows are you using? Doesn't the path have some non-latin characters? A scan of, e.g., the  Windows directory doesn't work as well?

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

jakr8

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 04:10:43 PM »
Are you sure? The tick is grey, right? That means that only a subfolder was selected... I'm quite sure it's working as expected...

Yes the box I tick is clear & the folders above that automatically tick are shaded.

Hmm, really...? What language version of Windows are you using? Doesn't the path have some non-latin characters? A scan of, e.g., the  Windows directory doesn't work as well?

The correct error displayed was
"Scan was completed with error
Error:The system cannot find the path specified"

I'm using the english version of windows.
This is the path I attempted to scan "C:\My Documents\Chris's Folder\Paraglider Movies".
Removing the comma from Chris's folder fixed the problem. Dont know my Latin :-)

Funny but neither did Avast32 as I never had this problem before but as you know I never complain about a freebie

Yes a scan of Windows directory did work.

Thanks for your help if I was gay I,d kiss you :-)

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 05:23:29 PM »
Just small notice to move the topic forward [there was wrong date after reboot]

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 06:01:35 PM »
Yes the box I tick is clear & the folders above that automatically tick are shaded.

So... it's working or is it not? :) What exactly is the problem, then? I'm little confused now... ;)

Removing the comma from Chris's folder fixed the problem. Dont know my Latin :-)

Funny but neither did Avast32 as I never had this problem before but as you know I never complain about a freebie

I'm quite possitive that Avast32 3 would behave exactly the same, in this scenario. It must be that you weren't using the apostrophes! ;)

Thanks for your help if I was gay I,d kiss you :-)

Yikes! ;D

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

jakr8

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 10:22:53 AM »
So... it's working or is it not?  What exactly is the problem, then? I'm little confused now...

Yep its working . The root of the problem seemed to be the apostrophe (not comma thanks 4 correctn my ngleesh :-)

I'm quite possitive that Avast32 3 would behave exactly the same, in this scenario. It must be that you weren't using the apostrophes!

I won't argue or complain about freebies or people who sort out my computer problems after all whats an apostrophe between forum users.

Yikes!

Yeah a day later & some sleep I see the scary monsters come out after midnight!

C ya