Author Topic: Old settings and Sheild indiviual settings??  (Read 1970 times)

Offline sj.vegetto

Old settings and Sheild indiviual settings??
« on: August 05, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »
So I noticed Old setting it missing which I used to  "exclude" certain folder and processes from Individual File/Behavior Shield, cause I just wanted he shield to exclude those, Those setting are still there cause I have old Avast config with all those setting there and they and the exclusions are  followed, but  the NEW setting for exclusions this dont list the old exclusions that and add exclusion to the new setting will exclude the those folder  and process from ALL scan  so manual scan wont scan those folders.

Please bring back the old setting or update UI so we can actual see what exclusions are active for the SHIELDS. cause all my exclusions where for shield.

THis was one main reasons i had the new ui, cause exclusions there only work for EVERYTHING, where as the old setting let use exclude from the shields doing scans.

I been excluding my Game folders and few other folder with 1 or 2 process from shield scans for very long time there the old setting. They new Setting is Exclude it for everything manual scans ( which i dont want) and sheilds
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:07:19 PM by sj.vegetto »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Old settings and Sheild indiviual settings??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
Open the AvastUI > Menu > settings and type geek:area into the search function.

I bloody hate this totally hidden area with ZERO reference to it in the UI.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 08:03:40 PM »
Open the AvastUI > Menu > settings and type geek:area into the search function.

I bloody hate this totally hidden area with ZERO reference to it in the UI.

I know about that sadly, that don't bring back the  old functionality of excluding  this specifically for the a shield and the shield only, but I am with you on this  should not be hidden with no rference too it .

"open old settings" in trouble shooting was only way to do this so no i kind annoyed, If i ever lose my " avast config file  I will lose those settings, and if I ever want to add  new expectations to just the shields I cant

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »
Have you not checked the General > Exceptions, as that effects all shields so it should work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
it effect all shield and MANUAL SCANS, i dont want to exclude from manual scans, which what the OLD setting panel for shield let me do

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 09:33:48 PM »
it effect all shield and MANUAL SCANS, i dont want to exclude from manual scans, which what the OLD setting panel for shield let me do

I can't understand why you would want it not to exclude manual scans, if you are excluding it for a reason, why would that not apply to ALL scans. 

Can you expand on your reason why you would want that ?

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 08:18:27 PM »
Cause I excluded Process on shield cause the shield pick it up as virus when it is not.

I also exclude my Game folders cause I DONT want shield reading them them  every time I launch my games. but IF i exclude the folder manual scan will ignore the folder scan which DONT WANT.

Fact matter was this function was there and I COULD exclude this stuff from SHIELD ONLY in the old setting page. and it did exactly what I want it to do. Which Exclude said process and folder from SHEILD and shield only, so manual scans actual scanned said folders

I have Swotor.exe and launcher.ece put in Exclude from Shield scans  cause those scan screw things up with it on my end. which exclusions fixed, but at same time I could Manual Scan said process.

All the process exclusions and folder exclusions I  made over the years are still stored in Avast config file and restored when I use the config file. but anything new I want to add to shield exclusions I cant do with this new interface, I assuming they port over all setting to new GUI before remove the "old settings" which obviously they didnt

I have another process Mod Organizer.exe ( which use to manage my  skyrim se mods) that get flaged as  by behavior shield but manual scan see it as clean, I have submitted it multiple times as false positive. if I make exception again it will no longer be said file wont be scanned by manual scans but behavior shield wont get triggered.

Again this function that was there and work in the old interface and continued working in the "old settings"  till the remove the "old setting"page that was in trouble shooting which still referenced even now

https://help.avast.com/en/av_free/17/settings_sh_idp_main.html
https://help.avast.com/en/av_free/12/settings_sh_web_exceptions.html

there was such setting for each shield in old UI  new UI is missing and those setting excluded only for the shield.

Exclusions that you specify on this screen only apply to Behavior Shield and do not affect any other scans or Shields. If you want to exclude a location from all Avast Antivirus scans, go to Settings %u25B8 General %u25B8 Exclusions to specify the location.

Each shield had these exclusion  and effect said shield ONLY nothing else.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:36:27 PM by sj.vegetto »