Author Topic: Premium Security  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Corny

Premium Security
« on: May 08, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »
I have received my Premium Security anti virus and installed it. I thought Premium Security covered everything. After running my first scan I was told 3 items needed fixing. It said that hackers etc., can see all my details online. This upset me so I clicked on Resolve All. Only to be told that it's going to cost even more money to do this. PLEASE tell me why I have to pay extra money to resolve 3 problems when I have paid for Premium Security. I also find it frustrating that their is NO Avast email address to contact with queries as everything says "no reply" on incoming emails from Avast. Please advise ASAP as I'm freaking out about being exposed to hackers etc. TIA.

Offline MrDJ

Re: Premium Security
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »
Hi Corny.

I was the same back in the day with all the different versions. ive also got the premium package.
that was just an advert about the hackers and wants you to buy their VPN to make you invisible. now im no expert and only started using another make vpn late last year. for the majority of people a vpn is not required unless you go to dodgy sites or stream from torrent sites.
you will also get adverts for their cleanup premium. i personally use cc cleaner which does the same thing for free.
the adverts can be switched off in menu > settings > personal privacy > un tick bottom 2 boxes for offers.

their full package is the ultimate package which you can compare here https://www.avast.com/en-gb/compare-antivirus
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 05:16:53 PM »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:38:09 PM by Pondus »

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
True, but its free and works and has not caused me any issues or unwanted junk added.

edit

i didnt know about the hack though. time to look for another cleaner. thanks Pondus
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:10:00 PM by MrDJ »
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 06:17:52 PM »
i didnt know about the hack though. time to look for another cleaner. thanks Pondus
I used CC for many years, now i use the one that is built in to your OS

Right click your C drive and select properties    ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »
I used CC for many years, now i use the one that is built in to your OS

Right click your C drive and select properties    ;)

I guess I don't trust Microsoft, so I tend to keep away from its tools and services.
I use the portable version of Privacy-Eraser, this allows you to configure what you want to clean or exclude.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Corny

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 03:31:44 AM »
Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated too. I don't know how to reply to each kind person, individually. I'm still trying to work my way around this forum.  Mr DJ, thanks for the advice about the settings for personal privacy. I'll get on to that now. I'll also check for a cleaner. Have a lovely day. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »
Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated too.

I don't know how to reply to each kind person, individually. I'm still trying to work my way around this forum. 
<snip>
Have a lovely day. :)

When you see the replies to your posts, to the top right of each post, you should be able to see a Quote button (see attached image, click to expand).  Clicking that quote button allows you to reply to that individual post, as I did to reply to your post.

In the attached image you will see a Modify button, you can only Modify your own posts, so you will only see that in your own posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Luukjr

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »
I have received my Premium Security anti virus and installed it. I thought Premium Security covered everything. After running my first scan I was told 3 items needed fixing. It said that hackers etc., can see all my details online. This upset me so I clicked on Resolve All. Only to be told that it's going to cost even more money to do this. PLEASE tell me why I have to pay extra money to resolve 3 problems when I have paid for Premium Security. I also find it frustrating that their is NO Avast email address to contact with queries as everything says "no reply" on incoming emails from Avast. Please advise ASAP as I'm freaking out about being exposed to hackers etc. TIA.

That's the sad thing about how Avast has developed, you're getting Tuttsie-Fruitseed, like the Marx Bros. showed us https://youtu.be/DqypaqLEfM8
Soft: Avast Premium Security  / Avast Cleanup / Malwarebytes Premium

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 01:29:47 PM »
...you're getting Tuttsie-Fruitseed, like the Marx Bros. showed us https://youtu.be/DqypaqLEfM8
That's probably the training video for marketing staff. ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
...you're getting Tuttsie-Fruitseed, like the Marx Bros. showed us https://youtu.be/DqypaqLEfM8
That's probably the training video for marketing staff. ;D

Possibly for the same people who are developing (destroying) the UI.