Author Topic: sketchy business practice?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Rob305

sketchy business practice?
« on: May 12, 2020, 12:53:34 AM »
so recently there has been quite a few attempts on my accounts, most of which they give up after one or two tries and i dont see anymore activity from them for months, however, there was one who attempted to breach my google account that is associated mainly to avast. and they succeeded to get in, but google blocked them from changing anything gave me notifications and i changed out everything. even added a tracer to the account so when its accessed outside of my network it would track down the ip like a group of bees when something smacks the nest.

roughly 4 hours ago i had a hit, someone or something attempted to log into my freshly newly updated and changed google account. the ip registered for this was 5.62.35.172

do a quick search on that and you will hit a Singapore ip address, trace it a little furthur and its an AVAST Software s.r.o. ip address. with the isp title AVAST cloud.

i do not have any settings set up in avast at all to access my accounts. some of my passwords however are saved here for quick use. now there shouldnt really be any reason for AVAST itself to access any of my accounts. even for updating information. and definitely NOT TO attempt a log in, to my account. to which they then tried to change password and emails etc.

if you go to this free easy to use site https://db-ip.com/5.62.35.172 it shows the rough location of the one who chose to attempt a breach on my account or at least their location at the time of the attempt.

now if this was some sort of sync backup my account wouldnt have pushed notifications to my other emails and sending me messages on my phone that for what was attempted it hut down my account completely to avoid tampering.

i know its common for businesses to release information such as emails and account names to thrid parties and though i dont wanna make the assumption that is what you guys are up too. i personally dont want to burn the device of everyone who attempts to ping my accounts. so maybe you should look into potiential leaks among your staff. As where i grew up stealing or sharing someone elses personal information got your hands chopped off so you will always remember what happens when you take what isnt yours.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: sketchy business practice?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 10:54:16 AM »
Hi,

This IP address is used by HMA VPN users. For VPN abuse related issues you can contact info@hidemyass.com

Offline Rob305

Re: sketchy business practice?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »
i am delighted to recieve a reply so quick, but yet feels lackluster.

i will go head and forward this conversation to the address contact that you provided, i feel slightly saddened it couldnt have been addressed here.
Then again the options for contacting you about an issue is kinda limited unless you use a forum, and i dread forums. truly i miss landlines at this point. but cannot be helped i guess,..