Author Topic: I was told by support that Avast password was ending, what password manger to...  (Read 2395790 times)

Offline coldair

use? what migrates over easily and is secure?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

Maybe there was a misunderstanding, you received a message that your Avast Passwords license will expire.
You can still use Avast Passwords, however, you will not be able to use the Premium features.

Offline coldair

I was told by Avast support that password manger would no longer be available after August. once my suscribtion ends there will be no replacement is this true will there be an Avast password manger in 2021?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The response before your was from an Avast Team member.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline killasinga166

I'm also confused by this. The Avast website says on the Password page the product has been discontinued. Is support gonna get dropped?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Confirmed, it seems to be history now.
-> https://www.avast.com/passwords

We’re sorry, but this product is no longer available.
Check our current product portfolio to see if other products suit you better.

W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

To clarify.
Even though Avast Passwords is not offered to new users,
existing users will still have access to passwords.

Offline Val31

Avast Passwords will not work with Mozilla Firefox 7.0.  Is the due to Mozilla not allowing it or Avast?   Chrome is support.  I do now use Chrome.   I paid for a two year subscription.    I paid to use on Firefox.    Now what?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Avast Passwords will not work with Mozilla Firefox 7.0.  Is the due to Mozilla not allowing it or Avast?   Chrome is support.  I do now use Chrome.   I paid for a two year subscription.    I paid to use on Firefox.    Now what?

Hi,

Avast Passwords works in Firefox. Could you please confirm which version of Firefox you are using. Mozilla Firefox 7.0. is a 2011 release.

Offline Prime155

Is there any information about support for the Avast password manager. I have been using it for several years and would like to know if it is still being updated. It would also be nice to know if Avast intends to stop supporting the password manager permanently or if existing customers can continue to use it for a longer time? Do I need to start looking for an alternative or will Avast continue to cover this area?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Is there any information about support for the Avast password manager. I have been using it for several years and would like to know if it is still being updated. It would also be nice to know if Avast intends to stop supporting the password manager permanently or if existing customers can continue to use it for a longer time? Do I need to start looking for an alternative or will Avast continue to cover this area?

Hi,

Even though Avast Passwords will not continue as a standalone product, it will still be supported.
Any transition plans will be communicated to the end-user in due time.

Offline Beacher

Such a great app ... wondering why it has been discontinued?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster

Such a great app ... wondering why it has been discontinued?

We are working on a new app and are expanding the focus of protecting users online identity.

Offline Beacher

Good to hear, I really like the look and feel of this app.

Offline coldair

Hi,

Even though Avast Passwords will not continue as a standalone product, it will still be supported.
Any transition plans will be communicated to the end-user in due time.

anyupdates? we are running out of time to get another PWM working