Author Topic: I was told by support that Avast password was ending, what password manger to...  (Read 2438872 times)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Is there any information about support for the Avast password manager. I have been using it for several years and would like to know if it is still being updated. It would also be nice to know if Avast intends to stop supporting the password manager permanently or if existing customers can continue to use it for a longer time? Do I need to start looking for an alternative or will Avast continue to cover this area?

Hi,

Even though Avast Passwords will not continue as a standalone product, it will still be supported.
Any transition plans will be communicated to the end-user in due time.

anyupdates? we are running out of time to get another PWM working

Hi,

What specific issue are you experiencing?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline dewayne.drummond

I was able to get it back after Avast antivirus update by going to Settings, General, troubleshooter, add/modify components and clicking on Password (old). 
a restart of computer and then in chrome, it reinstalled.

Hope this helps.

Offline Gonzalez21

Hello, happy day! My problem is that I had the free version with my passwords. And now I don't know how I can get them back. I still have the extension icon but it doesn't open me or give me the option to export my passwords. How can I fix this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Hello, happy day! My problem is that I had the free version with my passwords. And now I don't know how I can get them back. I still have the extension icon but it doesn't open me or give me the option to export my passwords. How can I fix this?

Did you try what was posted in the post directly before yours ?
I was able to get it back after Avast antivirus update by going to
Settings, General, troubleshooter, add/modify components and clicking on Password (old). 

a restart of computer and then in chrome, it reinstalled.
Hope this helps.

Also see https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=238870.msg1564765#msg1564765

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline 中国

Hello!
I am a user of avast password IOS, and I backup the data of APP in icloud;
I lost my iPhone. I just bought a new Apple 12 yesterday;
Yesterday, I tried to re install avast password IOS, but found that the installation file could not be found;
Please help me. In this case, can the password data saved in avast password IOS be recovered?

My email is :***removed for privacy reasons ***
Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:05:23 PM by r@vast »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
1.  I would strongly advise you to remove your email address from a public forum or it is likely to be harvested and used for spam, etc.

2.  Since you are using Avast Passwords for iOS, I would stick with your topic in the correct sub-forum, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=240045.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline antiousa

There was some kind of update on my premium pack and then the "avast passwords" extention on firefox wasn't working, and now I have lost all of my passwords....

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
There was some kind of update on my premium pack and then the "avast passwords" extention on firefox wasn't working, and now I have lost all of my passwords....

Hi,

Please make sure that the component is actually added.

To do so please follow these steps:
1. Open Avast Premium Security
2. Click on Menu >Settings > General > Troubleshooting > ADD/MODIFY COMPONENTS
3. Make sure that Passwords (old) is selected
4. Click on CHANGE
5. Restart Windows

If the component is there and you can access Avast Passwords, then please re-add the browser component (if need be).
Privacy>Passwords>Settings>Browser Intergration