Author Topic: Unsubribe of free trial  (Read 1790 times)

Offline dangoldammer

Unsubribe of free trial
« on: May 14, 2020, 02:40:35 PM »
Hello Avast team and all others,
I tried two month free trial premium membership, but now I can't find a way to unsubsribe premium membership.
But since I payed no money I can't find my order ID via all the paymant terminals (Digital river, Nexway, Cleverbridge) which I did not used.
Also I have no email in my emailbox. Not in delivered, not in spam, nowhere. The only email from Avast I have in my emailbox is confirmation of registration.
When I look up in to the avast antivirus application my pc. I can go to subsribtion section and I can see there I have avast premium subsribed for next 10 days.
It tells me only code of my subscribtion.
I would apreciatte your help with my problem.
Also I would like to apologyze for some mistakes in my English, it's not my native language.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:56:58 PM by dangoldammer »

Offline Stephen373

• Eating green soup & blue string pudding.
Re: Unsubribe of free trial
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »
Hello.

Do you really think it's good security to include a subscription code in your post in a public forum?

You need to edit/modify your post to remove the subscription code.

Offline dangoldammer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
Hello.

Do you really think it's good security to include a subscription code in your post in a public forum?

You need to edit/modify your post to remove the subscription code.

Good point. I have weak moment from this. Thanks.

Offline Stephen373

• Eating green soup & blue string pudding.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 03:31:37 PM »
Hello.

I would contact support at https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/

When asked for an order number just type 00000000 (if you don't have an Avast order number) and explain your issue.

Offline dangoldammer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »
Hello.

I would contact support at https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/

When asked for an order number just type 00000000 (if you don't have an Avast order number) and explain your issue.

I already did that (I only used "#00000000" insted of "0000000"), in attachment I used .txt file for describing the problem. Then they send me email in which they said I must send them my order ID which I dont have as I already said. So it wasn't much helpful.

Offline dangoldammer

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:18:41 PM »
I tried it again and they send me:

""
Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

Please be informed that we are unable to locate your order under your email address and name provided. This may be because you used a different email address to place the order.

If you are not aware of any other email address that may have been used, please send us a purchase confirmation from your bank so that we can locate the payment for you. If necessary, we can then contact our distributor with the information to resolve the issue.

Please also include the following information if it is not shown on the proof in order to effectively locate the charges:
- Your full name and address
- The account holders name if different
- Date of charge
- Charge amount + currency
- Full reference line
- If Credit Card: First 6 and last 4 digits of number + card provider
- If PayPal: Invoice ID

I apologize for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The Avast Support Team
""

I send them my right email adress. When I open up my avast app I have my email adress there as logged in. I don't know.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
I tried two month free trial premium membership, but now I can't find a way to unsubsribe premium membership.
I guess avast earns lots of extra $ using this business practice ?

Never give away your creditcard info for a free trail

There used to be a free 30day trail that did not ask for creditcard info but i guess it is hidden or written with very small letters .....

Offline dangoldammer

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »
I guess avast earns lots of extra $ using this business practice ?

Never give away your creditcard info for a free trail

There used to be a free 30day trail that did not ask for creditcard info but i guess it is hidden or written with very small letters .....

Actually I'm not even sure if I gave them my credit card number, maybe yes. But anyway.

I send them all information they asked me what I could and they finally located my account.

They told me the account was set to the automatic renewal, so if I did not tried this long stupid way, I would be probably charged for money, which I can't afford.

Anyway. It should be done this way. Thanks all for the help ^_^ appreciate it :)

Offline nyyx

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 04:45:40 AM »
I tried it again and they send me:

""
Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

Please be informed that we are unable to locate your order under your email address and name provided. This may be because you used a different email address to place the order.

If you are not aware of any other email address that may have been used, please send us a purchase confirmation from your bank so that we can locate the payment for you. If necessary, we can then contact our distributor with the information to resolve the issue.

Please also include the following information if it is not shown on the proof in order to effectively locate the charges:
- Your full name and address
- The account holders name if different
- Date of charge
- Charge amount + currency
- Full reference line
- If Credit Card: First 6 and last 4 digits of number + card provider
- If PayPal: Invoice ID

I apologize for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The Avast Support Team
""

I send them my right email adress. When I open up my avast app I have my email adress there as logged in. I don't know.

So you just provided the details and they’ve unsubscribed you from the trial? I got the same issue 😭😭