Author Topic: Getting upgraded from the free Android App /There IS no human via "Contact Us."  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Charles394

After paying for Android Avast Cleanup Pro by upgrading it on my free version through Avast/GooglePlay on an Amex card, the subscription listed at the top of my GooglePlay subscriptions page. I have only one one email address for GooglePlay, my gmail address.

There was no link to an activation code that I could find on the paid subscription listed on GooglePlay.

No acknowledgement email with a registration code arrived, either.

I bought the Avast ANTIVIRUS subscription a year ago and got it activated with no trouble.  It's about to renew.

Nothing posted as "help" worked for me. For example, the item I was supposed to click on under "Settings" wasn't there.

I could find no way to email or otherwise contact a live body by clicking on Contact Us. The damned writers of all the "Help" alternatives that came onto my screen assumed that they would both work and be understood.

Registration for the Android subscriptions also must be done on the Android phone, rather than on my Windows10 desktop, which just reduces everything to much smaller type and less room on the screen.

In utter frustration, I got a refund on the subscription.

I'd still like to use the paid app, but don't see how I'll ever get it registered. Someone needs to ask me questions and walk me through it.

Offline pauli.hartala

I had this same problem but was able to find my way around it. There are two options on the upgrade pop up screen and the other says something like recover licences. That did it for me.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Posting to a topic that is 18 months old is not really going to help as much will have changed in 18 months. 

That is why there is a notice that the topic is over 120 DAYS old.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lorrmurr1

I'm now having the same issue. Is there any support here at all? The license recovery option isn't working for me

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
I'm now having the same issue. Is there any support here at all? The license recovery option isn't working for me

Hi,

You don't seem to have any subscription under the email address you used on this forum.
All purchases via the Google Play store are handled by Google. You might find these articles useful: 
https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7644008?hl=en
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2850369?hl=en
If you do have a subscription under a different email address, please consider contacting Avast support via: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/