Author Topic: Avast passwords  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Vejlesby

Avast passwords
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:43:32 PM »
I can't access the passwords part of the application. when I look under the "privacy" tab it just shows "Password protection", "Data Shredder", "Secureline VPN", "Webcam Shield", "antitrack Premum" and "Sensitive Data shield". it doesnt show the "Passwords" tab. it doesnt show up under the "Avast products" line under "menu" either. I recently did a fresh install of windows for an unrelated issue and before that there was no problem. interestingly it showed up at first when I had redownloaded the program after reinstallation but then disappeared after I logged in with my avast account. I then tried numerous times to reinstall the software but nothing worked, then I did another fresh reinstall of windows and redownloaded avast, and the "passwords" tab showed up alongside the others mentioned, but after I logged in with my account it vanished again. I have the extension installed in firefox and it seems to function in the sense that it autofills passwords and I can register new passwords, but I cant access the menu in the avast windows program so I cant get an overview of my saved passwords or alter settings and such. it is extremely frustrating and at this point I really dont want to have to do another reinstall of windows. I can see that a few others have mentioned the same problem in the last 7 days so I dont believe it is simply something with my computer.

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
Re: Avast passwords
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »
Hello, there were implemented these changes:
if user never use passwords (PasswordsInVault = 0) then hide passwords manager and position use for Passwords protection
if user use passwords hide password guardian tab and remove banner from logins tab
if user bought password guardian (there is active valid license for Password Manager), keep it as it is

Seems that first condition doesn't work correctly in your case. The best is contact our tech support and create a report with logs. I'm really sorry for these issues ;(

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »
Hello Vejlesby, may I ask for logs:
1. copy folder into some temp folder c:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\log\
2. pack/zip it
3. send it to me: petr.blatny@avast.com

Thank you very much
I can't access the passwords part of the application. when I look under the "privacy" tab it just shows "Password protection", "Data Shredder", "Secureline VPN", "Webcam Shield", "antitrack Premum" and "Sensitive Data shield". it doesnt show the "Passwords" tab. it doesnt show up under the "Avast products" line under "menu" either. I recently did a fresh install of windows for an unrelated issue and before that there was no problem. interestingly it showed up at first when I had redownloaded the program after reinstallation but then disappeared after I logged in with my avast account. I then tried numerous times to reinstall the software but nothing worked, then I did another fresh reinstall of windows and redownloaded avast, and the "passwords" tab showed up alongside the others mentioned, but after I logged in with my account it vanished again. I have the extension installed in firefox and it seems to function in the sense that it autofills passwords and I can register new passwords, but I cant access the menu in the avast windows program so I cant get an overview of my saved passwords or alter settings and such. it is extremely frustrating and at this point I really dont want to have to do another reinstall of windows. I can see that a few others have mentioned the same problem in the last 7 days so I dont believe it is simply something with my computer.

Offline Georgios8

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »
I have the same problem :(

Offline Prime155

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
I had the same problem. A fix for me was to download an old version as offline installer and then turn off the internet. Then install Avast and set the application to not update automatically. Then turn on the Internet again and log into Avast and set up Avast Passwords. When everything is ready, restart your PC. Install the latest updates and then everything has worked for me so far. I hope I could help.