Author Topic: Windows 10 "secret" routine slows down the PC, does the cleanup help?  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Hans191

My PC is always using ca 60% cpu but no app is started. Sometimes more. The fan is disturbing and the problem makes my PC almost useless. I had win 10 for years and i guess some update caused this.
Running process explorer makes the "secret" routine stop - for a while only.
CPU usage goes down to normal ca 5 - 6 %, and the fan becomes quite.
After 5 - 10 minutes are windows stopping the explorer and the high CPU usage starts again.

Will this "cleanup" affect this problem.
(And why are microsoft making so many strange things and causing so many problems, and always did, why cant they clean up their system themselfs, why ...  and so on)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:23:29 AM by Hans191 »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
My PC is always using ca 60% cpu but no app is started. Sometimes more. The fan is disturbing and the problem makes my PC almost useless. I had win 10 for years and i guess some update caused this.
Running process explorer makes the "secret" routine stop - for a while only.
CPU usage goes down to normal ca 5 - 6 %, and the fan becomes quite.
After 5 - 10 minutes are windows stopping the explorer and the high CPU usage starts again.

Will this "cleanup" affect this problem.
(And why are microsoft making so many strange things and causing so many problems, and always did, why cant they clean up their system themselfs, why ...  and so on)

Hi,

this sounds like a pretty complex problem which might have myriads of reasons.
Without knowing it better (e.g. which process is consuming such high amount of CPU, etc.) I am not able to tell you whether we have a solution for that or not.