Author Topic: Avast Browser Bookmarks - please help  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Catherine122

Avast Browser Bookmarks - please help
« on: May 20, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »
Two Browsers, 2 different bookmarks

Good day,

My husband created a Guest account on our Laptop where he mostly does his thing. Unfortunately, we lost the password to the main account, and until we remember the stupid password, I (the wife) have to use the Guest (Husbands) account. He has Avast Secure Browser installed but Im a Chrome fan. (I know!! I know!!). So, I said I could use his Avast Browser, much safer etc. So I did. But I was very annoyed wit the message at the top stating - "Import your bookmarks now". So I imported bookmarks from Chrome. BUT THEY WERE MY HUSBANDS BOOKMARKS and not mine. I clicked on Chrome and Next, never realising that you have to select the correct Account name.

Long story short, I need to delete the bookmarks and import again. Can anyone please assist. I have searched everywhere for deleting bookmarks and short of having to do them one by one in File Explorer, I believe there HAS to be a better way. Dont really want to uninstall Avast (dont have access to the main account and you need a password to re-install!). So, can someone please help me save my marriage!! :-)

Thanks

Offline Gulnara A

• Avast team
Re: Avast Browser Bookmarks - please help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »
Two Browsers, 2 different bookmarks

Long story short, I need to delete the bookmarks and import again. Can anyone please assist. I have searched everywhere for deleting bookmarks and short of having to do them one by one in File Explorer, I believe there HAS to be a better way. Dont really want to uninstall Avast (dont have access to the main account and you need a password to re-install!). So, can someone please help me save my marriage!! :-)

Thanks

How to delete multiple bookmarks

Open browser.
At the top right, click More :
Click Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
Point to the bookmark folder you want to edit.
To the right of the bookmark folder, click the right mouse
Select button Delete.