Author Topic: Internet blocked by Avast Premium Security for Mac  (Read 3475 times)

Offline John Hillier

Internet blocked by Avast Premium Security for Mac
« on: May 26, 2020, 01:23:04 AM »
Since updating to MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 I've noticed an issue when signing into my Mac after a restart whereby Avast Web Shield blocks internet access to all applications (example Safari, UE4, App Store, etc). I'm only able to gain internet access by first turning off Web Shield in the Avast Premium Security control centre, then opening Safari and going to an external URL such as Apple.ca then turning on the Web Shield. Version of Avast Premium Security is 14.4

Offline Aleksandar45

Re: Internet blocked by Avast Premium Security for Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 02:28:37 AM »
Similar happened to me with Google Chrome. Chrome did not work properly, Translate add-on and update functions on Chrome were blocked and complete loading on any site was so slow and frustrating. I de-installed Avast premium security and everything went back to normal. There is a conflict of the apps and needs to be addressed by Avast technical people asap.

Offline John Hillier

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:57:29 PM »
Similar happened to me with Google Chrome. Chrome did not work properly, Translate add-on and update functions on Chrome were blocked and complete loading on any site was so slow and frustrating. I de-installed Avast premium security and everything went back to normal. There is a conflict of the apps and needs to be addressed by Avast technical people asap.

Uninstalling my paid subscription isn't an option as that just leaves my data open to risk. I've submitted a bug report to Avast so hopefully they find a more permanent solution other than the work around I typed in my original post :)

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 11:43:05 AM »
Hello,
we are not aware of any issues with 10.15.5 and can not reproduce any issues. Can you please send us a support package (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file) ? I will check it out.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek