Author Topic: Avast Business On-Premise Management Console Version 7.29  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Pavel Jirsak

• Avast team
Avast Business On-Premise Management Console Version 7.29
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
We're pleased to announce that Avast Business On-Premise Management Console 7.29 has been released!

This version brings you mainly stability improvements and several bug fixes. In order to update your console, you need to go to https://www.avast.com/installation-files and download the installer manually. The in-app version check will detect the new version gradually in a few weeks across regions. Updated docker version will follow later.

Win Agent: 4.20
Win Antivirus: 20.3
Mac Agent: 6.2
Mac Antivirus: 14.4

Improvements & optimizations
•   Improved console upgrade with DBs stored in a separate location.
•   Removed Patch Management actions from the group actions.
•   Improved mechanism of device risk calculations (might take a few hours to populate the new alerts, depending on the system’s performance).
•   Removed possibility to create another company from the on-premise console (works only in the cloud version).

Bugs
•   Fixed an issue with adding Mac computers to the console.
•   Fixed an issue with sign-in to the console.
•   Fixed an issue with ignoring default ports during the PostgreSQL upgrade.
•   Fixed an issue with the last login information under the User Management page.
•   Fixed an issue with upgrading agents to the latest version.
•   Fixed an issue with client registration failures.
•   Fixed an issue with keeping some data in PostgreSQL DB after the console uninstallation.

Known issues
[CBC-9304]   Upgrade doesn’t support to switch completely offline networks
[CBC-11460]   Devices showing false positive alert about being reinstalled after the upgrade

Avast Business On-Premise Management Console Version 7.29 Release Notes
Product manager | Taking care of the cloud and on-prem consoles

Do you want to share your feedback with me?
pavel.jirsak(at)avast.com

Offline KDibble

Re: Avast Business On-Premise Management Console Version 7.29
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
Please add the reporting features now present in the cloud console to the on-premise console.

Please add the ability to differentiate messaging between the on-premise console and the endpoints so that I can cause the endpoints to be silent concerning updates, reboots, and anything else that is not a message announcing a malware detection, while still receiving email alerts from the on-premise console.

I am paying as much now for the on-premise console system as I paid for the old Avast Business Protection SOA. I should still be getting all of the features of that product in the on-premise console system. Either that, or I should get a partial refund of what I've paid.

Thank you.