Author Topic: conflict with enterprise software  (Read 3853 times)

Offline mdcolby57

conflict with enterprise software
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:47:10 PM »
Working from home, Avast Passwords Manager is conflicting with some enterprise software I have to use (Ex Libris Alma) causing it to slow way down. I am using:

Avast Premium  Security
Version 20.3.2404 (build 20.3.5200.561)

Response gets very slow and I get this error message:

A script in the extension "Avast Passwords" is causing Firefox to slow down.

Sometimes the message just flashes, sometimes it stays long enough that I can click on "Temporarily disable extension on page," but that doesn't make any difference.

I added the URL for the application to exceptions in Avast settings, but that hasn't made any difference either.

This really affects my work productivity, so some help would be great!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: conflict with enterprise software
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
Hi,

Can you remove Avast Passwords extension from Firefox, Restart and report back, please.

Offline mdcolby57

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »
Yes, removing the extension "solves" the slowness problem. But then I no longer have the use of a password manager, right?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:09:44 AM »
Hi,

Please re-add the extension and if it does the same then, I would suggest disabling auto-save and auto-insert for those pages on which the issue occurs.

Offline mdcolby57

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:15:59 AM »
When I re-add the extension the slowness comes back. I haven't been getting error message again, but the response is very, very slow, which doesn't happen with other programs. How do I disable auto-save? I looked in the Avast help, but didn't find anything on how to do this.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 09:12:17 AM »
When I re-add the extension the slowness comes back. I haven't been getting error message again, but the response is very, very slow, which doesn't happen with other programs. How do I disable auto-save? I looked in the Avast help, but didn't find anything on how to do this.

Hi,

When you are on the page in question, please click on the Avast Passwords icon and you should see the "Auto-fill" and "Auto-save" options.
Please see attached screenshot.

Offline mdcolby57

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 07:49:54 PM »
That was simple enough. Thank you.