Author Topic: Avast harassing restart then eventual forced restart by preventing PC sleep.  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Gaijinsan

This is really annoying. I keep a lot of stuff open on my PC and don't want to restart very frequently. I occasionally get these notices that says Avast needs to restart my PC for an update, offering me to choose a time that works for me. If I select "Next Century" (which I always do) then it should hold fast until I reset the PC for another reason. I've had this same experience on more than one PC, now if I postpone too long, Avast is forcing my PC not to sleep and force a restart. The whole point of "Next Century" should be "I don't f***ing care and I'll restart when I feel I need it, which may be a few weeks away. Don't force my PC to stay awake until you get your way, nor should you send that stupid pop-up every single day when I say remind me next century.

Offline davexnet

• Poster
Avast Anti Virus as an application and Windows 10 the whole OS,  have this in common.
You no longer control your own PC.

That's the main reason I dumped Windows 10, reverted to 8.1 and made do with Windows Defender

If you want to run avast, you have to accept this behavior, it's as simple as that

AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free