Author Topic: P2P Shield question...  (Read 16294 times)

S.Z.Craftec

P2P Shield question...
« on: January 20, 2004, 06:54:58 PM »
OK, maybe I'm missing something but I don't know how to set my P2P shield in avast! On-Access Scanner...

I used to use Kazaa Lite before and I knew that I had to put checkmark right next to Kazaa Lite option. That was easy, but now I don't use Kazaa anymore, but sometimes I use Shareaza. Where should I put that checkmark now ? Next to BitTorrent maybe ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Sasha

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:P2P Shield question...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 09:16:34 PM »
ShareZaa is not supported at the moment... Maybe later on...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 09:25:55 PM »
Oh, OK... btw, what do you think what is the best P2P client today ?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 09:41:11 PM »
I don't use any... But I guess that BitTorrent is the best.
eDonkey is not bad, either...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 11:59:42 PM »
Kazaa lite K++ for windows has anti RIAA firewall type it into yahoo and use the techtv link to download it.
 I use Kazaa 1.7.1K++ edition for mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 01:25:21 AM »
KazaaLite based on FastTrack network (morpheus and other p2p are going to connect to that site as well - new morpheus beta version supports it) - or DC++

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 01:44:31 AM »
morpheus no longer connects to the fast track network. unless they plan to agian in a new release
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Dave50

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 03:49:14 AM »
S.Z. -- K-Lite K++ is based on earlier KMD versions.  The last 'official' K++ release was 2.4.3.  Ever since Sharman stopped K-Lite's developers, several people have started working on new K-Lite versions based on Sharman's Kazaa version 2.6 which will connect to newer supernodes.  If this link doesn't work, cut and paste the URL and go to the K-Lite v2.6 development section.  You can read all about it there as well as get links to the still-developing newer versions.  The new K-Lites are spyware and malware free just like the older versions.

http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/developmentforums/index.php?

Dave

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 04:03:14 AM »
Oh I don't know... it looks like I'm going back to Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3

All those new versions are too fancy, they have this, they have that, but in general, they have nothing more than version 2.4.3

Nothing wrong with that one really... I used to download whole DivX movie (cca.750 Mb) in about two hours (Rogers Cable Hi-speed internet, 10.0 mbps)... of course, it depends on type of internet connection on other side... and everything I was looking for, it was there... somewhere...

Cheers!

Dave50

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 04:16:04 AM »
S.Z. -- version 2.4.3 is fine if it works for you.  Some folks have been reporting connecting problems and that's why the new K-Lites are being based on KMD 2.6 so they can connect to newer supernodes.  I'd stick with 2.4.3 if you have no problem.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Dave

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 03:56:22 PM »
Check this out...

Those guys from K-Lite development team are looking for new logo for K-Lite. Some guys stole some ideas, even whole logos and icons from some existing already finished logos by some (unknown to me) authors. That is so low !!! I just can't believe that people still do that... this world is falling apart...

Anyway, I made something my way... it's original in every way. There is little red devil picture as K-Lite trademark and also Kazaa Lite logotype (letters). I think that thoe looks pretty good.

Take a look in here:
One forum page
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 11:45:06 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 04:40:05 PM »
Dave is there a new ENGLISH version of K lite K++?
My dell is running version 2.4.3

Dave50

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 10:09:49 PM »
Mac -- the last 'official' English version release of K++ was 2.4.3.  Since Sharman had K-Lite developers shut down and nearly all internet links removed, several folks have tried making their own versions, which, in my opinion, are really no better than 2.4.3 and in some cases, those versions are not as stable as 2.4.3.  What interests me are the new versions based on KMD 2.6 which will connect to new supernodes.  The best of these can be found at the link given in my earlier post to S.Z.  (Sharman claims eventually K-Lite won't work because they're switching to the 2.6 supernodes and that's why developers are now working on K-Lite 2.6 versions.)

Dave

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 10:41:21 PM »
So 2.4.3 will now bw working much longer  :( what is the best and most stable new version to download? and do they have the anti RIAA firewall too? where do I download it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 10:51:01 PM by MacLover2000 »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 10:53:47 PM »
Vlk bit torret is the best I just looked at their webpage and they support Mac OS!!!