Author Topic: P2P Shield question...  (Read 16296 times)

Dave50

Re:P2P Shield question...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 12:23:27 AM »
Mac -- IMO, best version, so far, for the new K-Lites based on KMD 2.6 is K-Lite v2.6PR1.  This is not quite a finished product but works very well.  Go to this site:
http://nsane.owns.it -- look for K-Lite v2.6PR1 nsane edition.  It contains all files needed.  If you get the other download for K-Lite v2.6PR1 (without the nsane edition), you'll have to download other files to make it work.  nsane edition is the one you want.

Should this version not work properly, then you need the Kazaa VB Run Time Files from:
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman

You must completely uninstall any existing version of Kazaa or K-Lite before downloading the new version -- that includes any K-Lite or Kazaa program files and registry keys.  The Kazaa Cleanup tool will do the job.  That's also available at http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman

Hope it goes well.  You can read all about the new K-Lite development at:  http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/developmentforums/index.php?

Dave

Dave50

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
Mac -- forget to tell you -- the new K-Lite 2.6 versions do contain the anti-riaa ip blocker.  it's under k-lite tools.  you need to check the box to update from peer guardian.

Dave

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 01:07:08 AM »
Mac -- forget to tell you -- the new K-Lite 2.6 versions do contain the anti-riaa ip blocker.  it's under k-lite tools.  you need to check the box to update from peer guardian.
good I dont want the RIAA coming to get me :)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 01:07:58 AM »
Dave thank you yor taking the time to give me the information. If we still had karma I would give you a  few
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Dave50

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2004, 01:19:11 AM »
Mac -- any time.  I don't get enough free time to be on this forum as often as I'd like.  But, when the opportunity is there, I try to give back to the people who've helped me and all the others who come here for answers to questions and solutions to questions.  This is one of the best forums around and Avast! is superb!

Dave    :)

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 01:21:29 AM »
Im glad we have great users  like you!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »
And me... hehe...

Joke...  ;D

But, everything Dave said is nothing but the true.

BTW, Matri-X-kin is finally finished, bug free, total success... and what's best... there are two versions and both will be available in download section... that's what Ondrej (Vlk) told me. One is for BOYS, another one is for GIRLS... 'cause you know ladies. Some of them could find themselves offended by those wonderful, big, pretty, great, super etc., Monica's (Bellucci) "hills"... so I made version for GIRLS too... that version is 100% boobs free.  ;D ::) I just sent those 2 final versions to Ondrej (five minutes ago)...

Cheers !

P.S. Everything is so quiet... where is Technical ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 01:50:41 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 05:05:28 PM »
vacation till end of febuary!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 05:10:29 PM »
vacation till end of febuary!

I would add: well deserved vacation!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 05:27:23 PM »
Yes, that's true... but I'm on my vacation too and I don't even think of leaving this forum... hehe

Cheers !