Author Topic: Why did this stupid Anti Virus installed itself????  (Read 17267 times)

Offline hms11

Why did this stupid Anti Virus installed itself????
« on: May 28, 2020, 03:52:17 PM »
I was just doing my stuff on my Computer and suddenly I see this message from "Avast Free Antivirus" and it says "Thanks for installing (our stupid) Avast Free Antivirus Over 400 million users trust Avast to protect their computers and secure their privacy. (What about the other 7.6 billion people?)" anyways I don't want this (stupid) Anti Virus, can someone help me get this thing off forever off of this PC, Also this is the second time it happened.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Why did this stupid Anti Virus installed itself????
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 03:59:17 PM »
Do you have a older version of CCleaner installed?

Why has Avast been installed to my machine?  >>  https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001205071-Why-has-Avast-been-installed-to-my-machine-

Using the Uninstall Utility for Avast Antivirus  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility/

Offline hms11

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
I have no CCleaner or whatever that is, and I know how to uninstall, but I want to do it forever.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
CCleaner is the only program i know of that installed avast if you updated a old version or installed it new (this has been said to have been fixed in later versions?) maybe there are other programs that offer avast also now?

anyway i dont use avast or CCleaner

Offline David_27

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
If some other program installed Avast it's because you didn't pay attention to the checkboxes while installing. It's not the antivirus that is stupid. Maybe just keep it? It's the best free antivirus.

Offline hms11

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
The Antivirus is very fun when you are playing a game and suddenly "Avast free AntiVirus blocked something" and the game was blocekd, its just like Avg and McAfee, the only thing AntiVirus want is my money.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
The Antivirus is very fun when you are playing a game and suddenly "Avast free AntiVirus blocked something" and the game was blocekd, its just like Avg and McAfee, the only thing AntiVirus want is my money.
Avast and AVG become one  https://blog.avast.com/avast-and-avg-become-one

Offline David_27

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 09:25:36 PM »
Avast has one of the best Game Modes, if you use it you will never be interrupted while gaming and you will have the best performance you can with your hardware. How did Avast blocked your game? That is strange.

Offline hms11

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 07:14:42 AM »
yeah yeah yeah yeah