Author Topic: Avast is blocking IMAP email access in Mozilla Thunderbird  (Read 14701 times)

Offline mike_alterman

Re: Avast is blocking IMAP email access in Mozilla Thunderbird
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2021, 03:29:17 PM »
Asyn - What you makes no sense to me - I see no reply form HK in this topic.

Also, I am able to receive an email from some one else.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 04:22:31 PM »
As stated by Asyn. Reply #4 from HK. i.e. this: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234536.msg1548423#msg1548423

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:34 PM »
Asyn - What you makes no sense to me - I see no reply form HK in this topic.

There is a reply from HK (an avast team member) Reply #4 - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234536.msg1548423#msg1548423
In it he is essentially asking for you to Create a support package to assist in resolving the problem.

Also, I am able to receive an email from some one else.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, as this is a support forum and help is generally conducted here.
Newbies are restricted on what functions are available to them, also other members can also "Allow users to email me" or not.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mike_alterman

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 08:29:01 PM »
The file ID is FHP8L.

DavidR - I meant that I was able to receive a msg from some one else but not sent by me. I set the mail shield to scan outbound msgs

Not to be difficult but the article 'submitting a support file...' should be revised to include Avast Free and the troubleshooting section of free doesn't seem to support creating a support file as stated in the referenced document.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »
<snip>
DavidR - I meant that I was able to receive a msg from some one else but not sent by me. I set the mail shield to scan outbound msgs
Thanks for the clarification.

Not to be difficult but the article 'submitting a support file...' should be revised to include Avast Free and the troubleshooting section of free doesn't seem to support creating a support file as stated in the referenced document.
As far as I'm aware it should work for avast free and I don't see anything in the tutorial link given by HK (avast team) doesn't specify any product, just Avast Antivirus.  Since many of the internals (components) are the same it should be able to run on all and gather the logs, settings, etc. and any other information required..

Whilst I have never needed to use this tool I can't say if there is mention of it not being for avast free.  I think it is a case of the Image in the Troubleshooting section of the article used Avast Premium (not Avast Ultimate or Avast Free), to generate the images for the article.

But given you have been able to run it and generate the file ID it works.

Hopefully it will provide useful information for a resolution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »
The file ID is FHP8L.
Hi, I forwarded it, let's see...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline gugux

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:27 AM »

Offline mike_alterman

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 07:50:59 PM »
Hi Asyn,

Since I posted the diagnostic file about 3 weeks ago - has there any response from the diagnostics team. The file id FHP8L

I'm not trying to be pushy but I would like to get resolution to this.

Offline Eddie DiVacio

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2023, 08:16:58 PM »
hi folks,

I'm running the most recent versions of thunderbird and avast.  I can send imap email but avast is refusing to allow thunderbird to save copies in the Sent and Draft folders on the server.  When I turn off the mail shield it all works fine, so I'm pretty sure avast is the trouble here, but I'm open to any suggestions folks have.

I've tried all the suggestions in this thread including the certificate update. 

Anything else I might try?

ed