Author Topic: Avast Firewall NOT blocking program despite the applications rules are set to  (Read 1049 times)

Offline MoltresRider

I have a program on my computer which I purchased and I could receive free updates until June 2019. However, before that date reached, the developer tripled the cost of the program and I cannot afford to buy it again to continue receiving updates. However, the program itself still auto updates causing me to not be able to use it until I downgrade to the most recent version as of June 2019. My serial number does not work on any version after.

So, since June 2019, I had every exe associated with that program blocked from accessing the internet using Avast Firewall. It worked flawlessly until June of this year. Now all of a sudden, despite everything still set to be blocked and it still says that the exes are blocked, the program still auto updates.

I have noticed this with other programs too. There is another program where the most recent version contains malware but the version I have does not and that program seems to also periodically auto update.

Sometimes Avast Firewall asks me if I want said programs to connect despite the fact that there are already rules in place telling Avast to block it.

Many other programs, keep frequently asking if I want it to connect to the internet and it does not matter what option I choose, it asks me again in a few days despite the fact that I have "remember my decision" checked. Sometimes it asks me every single time I open a program despite telling Avast to remember the decision.

Avast Firewall 20.3.2405 (build 20.3.5200.575) seems VERY BROKEN 

Did a repair and a full uninstall/reinstall and the problem persists.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:53:02 PM by MoltresRider »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Avast Firewall 20.3.2405 (build 20.3.5200.575) seems VERY BROKEN
Update to the latest version (20.4.2410): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234638.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0