Author Topic: Unable to Scan: Exception in polymorph viruses code??  (Read 3020 times)

CajunMan007

Unable to Scan: Exception in polymorph viruses code??
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »
Anybody know what this is?  My computer was set to static IP, and somehow it was switched to dynamic, and now I cannot get on the internet.  I am able to browse the network, but no internet.  And the unable to scans were in my log, like a couple of hundred files that it could not scan because of this exception error.  Any ideas?

???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Unable to Scan: Exception in polymorph viruses code??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »
If you search the board for polymorph viruses keyword you'll see that this is not a rare error message.
Maybe repairing your installation (through Control Panel) will help in someway  :)
The best things in life are free.

CajunMan007

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »
Thanks for advice.  I found out that it was a virus that was affecting CyberSitter software that I had installed.  The lspcs.dll file is infected, and I have uninstalled cybersitter, but everytime I reboot, I have to run WinLSP fix to get it to work.  Guess I am gonna just gonna have to blow up XP and start over.  I even restored from a couple of weeks ago, still wont work.  Avast! caught it, but too late, it already manisfested.  Here is the message - avast! [TECHLAB2]: File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\lspcs.dll" is infected by "Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw]" virus.
"Resident protection (Standard Shield)" task used
Version of current VPS file is 0636-3, 09/08/2006

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
This would appear to be a false positive detection a forum search for lspcs.dll will indicate this.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23415.0
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23404.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security