Author Topic: Avast AV review from PC World.com  (Read 4601 times)

TacoBellSteve

Avast AV review from PC World.com
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »
I like Avast, and have been using it for about 3 years.  However, I do occasionally come upon bad reviews for the product.  :-[ Such as this:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,124488-page,1/article.html

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast AV review from PC World.com
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »
This review is old and crappy. Plus they haven't even mentioned this forum as mean of free tech support with top notch response times from avast! community or tech support team itself lurking around here.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

cyfer

Thomas123

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:55:48 AM »
As far as I know,avast! antivirus is the only one that supports the most languages in the interface. I recommended this product to users in a Hong Kong forum when avast! antivirus released it first Chinese version. Most of their reactions toward this product are very positive. They think that the skin function is amazing because they never thought they could change the skin of antivirus. The several modules built in avast! antivirus also make them feel much secure,especially WebShield and Network Shield. However,most of them also point out that avast! antivirus needs to optimize its memory usage and scanning performance. Many users in that Hong Kong forum have chosen avast! antivirus as a free antivirus solution now. Those who want a commercial solution have chosen Eset NOD32 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus because of the ongoing and aggressive advertising of these antivirus companies.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 03:37:51 AM »
As far as I know,avast! antivirus is the only one that supports the most languages in the interface.
Indeed, more than 30 Languages:

Bulgarian
ChineseT
Czech
Danish
German
Greek
English
Spanish
Finnish
French
Hungarian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Dutch
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese (Brazil)
Romanian
Russian
Croatian
Slovak
Swedish
Turkish
Slovenian
Malay
ChineseS
Portugal
Serbian

They think that the skin function is amazing because they never thought they could change the skin of antivirus.
Unique  8)
Few others have Themes (but not skins).

The several modules built in avast! antivirus also make them feel much secure,especially WebShield and Network Shield.
Configurability... the best of avast!  :D

Those who want a commercial solution have chosen Eset NOD32 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus because of the ongoing and aggressive advertising of these antivirus companies.
They're losing avast Pro and ADNM version  :P
The best things in life are free.

imwarren

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 12:41:36 PM »
Propaganda, i wondered who paid (or "bribe" to be more crude), the "review"

Maybe someone can try to post a rebuttal on the user review section of the article

SNOWHITE

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »
Bulgarian
ChineseT
Czech
Danish
German
Greek
English
Spanish
Finnish
French
Hungarian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Dutch
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese (Brazil)
Romanian
Russian
Croatian
Slovak
Swedish
Turkish
Slovenian
Malay
ChineseS
Portugal
Serbian

And Macedonian is coming next  ;)

andyqkw

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 03:26:45 PM »
That review was being made dated back in January 2006 and for avast! Home Edition 4.6