Author Topic: I can't get my Microsoft Office to wake up - I have unistalled avast  (Read 3793 times)

Offline PapaD

I put a lot of programs to sleep using "put all to sleep". After that - all programs were basically unresponsive and when i click on them - it says that "Windows cannot find .....". This is why i uninstalled the Avast Cleanup. To my amazement - this continued after the uninstall. Now I cannot open anything - Word, Excel, Itunes, Outlook - ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed Avast again and tried to awake all programs - it now says they are awake BUT THEY STILL DONT WORK!! I ran diagnostics, etc - no problem found and my programs still dont work. I UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT OFFICE TWICE AND IT STILL DOESN'T"T WORK!!!! How in gods name did you imagine that this would be a good idea?!?!?!

I need URGENT help! TODAY! NOW!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: I can't get my Microsoft Office to wake up - I have unistalled avast
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »
I put a lot of programs to sleep using "put all to sleep". After that - all programs were basically unresponsive and when i click on them - it says that "Windows cannot find .....". This is why i uninstalled the Avast Cleanup. To my amazement - this continued after the uninstall. Now I cannot open anything - Word, Excel, Itunes, Outlook - ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed Avast again and tried to awake all programs - it now says they are awake BUT THEY STILL DONT WORK!! I ran diagnostics, etc - no problem found and my programs still dont work. I UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT OFFICE TWICE AND IT STILL DOESN'T"T WORK!!!! How in gods name did you imagine that this would be a good idea?!?!?!

I need URGENT help! TODAY! NOW!

Hi,

We really apologize for your inconveniences.
This is definitely not the intended behavior and it seems it occurs in unknown circumstances that the uninstallation is not able to revert the registries back to the original state. The same thing might happen when Cleanup expires.

If you check my post here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233129.msg1541192#msg1541192 you should have a better idea how to troubleshoot it when something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Offline wilkie.w.wong

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 06:06:04 AM »
The problem showed up just recently (March 2021) when I had done nothing to the settings. It only showed up after an Avast update. Instead of uninstalling Avast, I decided to do nothing, hoping that the Avast Team would have the initiative to solve the problem Disappointedly, they did not.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:14:10 AM »
The problem showed up just recently (March 2021) when I had done nothing to the settings. It only showed up after an Avast update. Instead of uninstalling Avast, I decided to do nothing, hoping that the Avast Team would have the initiative to solve the problem Disappointedly, they did not.

Hello,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.