Author Topic: Avast Cleanup blocks Office 365  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Daniel1845

Avast Cleanup blocks Office 365
« on: June 10, 2020, 02:39:26 AM »
There has been a very serious problem with Avast Cleaner.
Part of my *.exe files have been blocked. All Office 365 programs blocked. Edge was blocked.
The Microsoft technician was able, after one hour of work inside the registry, to remove the Avast cleaner data.
I think this has happened after an Avast update but I am not sure.
I would not like it will rehappen in the future.
Is anyone aware of this problem?
If yes can it be corrected?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup blocks Office 365
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:49:47 AM »
Hi,

We really apologize for your inconveniences.
This is definitely not the intended behavior and it seems that the update to the latest version somehow broke this functionality.
We are already working on fix which will be delivered ASAP, in the meantime there is a way how to fix it on your own using a Windows Registry Editor.

If you check my post here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233129.msg1541192#msg1541192 you should have a better idea how to fix it.
Once you delete all the debugger registries you have to also go to the Cleanup UI, navigate to the Background & startup programs and manually wake all the affected programs to make sure that their services, background processes and scheduled tasks are properly started again.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:41:22 PM by Stellarman »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

Again we really apologize for this situation, it was caused by a bug in the update we've released yesterday.

We already have a fix which we are verifying right now and we will release it as an update later today.
The update will fix everything so you should be again able to use the programs you previously put to sleep without any limitations.

Please bear with us, we are trying to get it fixed as soon as possible and won't stop until this whole situation will be resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

Offline kontorer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 09:14:56 PM »
stellar man , i have the same problem. i colloected the problem masseges with the log collector tool. to whom do i send it for help?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 11:45:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Avast team.